My Second Account

I don't use Gmail, but I have heard rumor they have disposable email addresses.  If so, this might prove a way to do it.  That said, if they do have them, read setup carefully.  Some disposable have a short life, some remain until you remove them. And there could be something between.  

Edited by Techwright

27 minutes ago, borgking001a said:

So I have a Gmail question. I have a second HC account, but I want to add it to my Gmail account. but my main account already has HC, how do I get my Gmail to have both?

You add a period (".") or plus sign ("+") to your email address and follow it with additional characters.

[email protected], and [email protected] will both be directed to your [email protected] inbox.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Unofficial Homecoming Wiki - Paragon Wiki updated for Homecoming!  Your contributions are welcome!
(Not the owner/operator - just a fan who wants to spread the word.)

• Game Master

A couple options:

1. You can add periods in your address. [email protected] and [email protected] seem like different emails to the system, but come to the same place. https://support.google.com/mail/answer/7436150?hl=en#:~:text=If someone accidentally adds dots,john.smith%40gmail.com

2. Add a "+<second_name>" to your username e.g. [email protected]. That will still come to the same account and you can even set up folders to filter it to a specific folder.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just make a second Gmail account. Make it as nefarious as possible so your SO gets worried when they see it. 

Also make you use that account for all the other sites you go to so that it has lots of suggestive mail in it. 

or do what the other posters have done. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, GM Justice said:

A couple options:

1. You can add periods in your address. [email protected] and [email protected] seem like different emails to the system, but come to the same place. https://support.google.com/mail/answer/7436150?hl=en#:~:text=If someone accidentally adds dots,john.smith%40gmail.com

2. Add a "+<second_name>" to your username e.g. [email protected]. That will still come to the same account and you can even set up folders to filter it to a specific folder.

Thank you, that helped!!

• Retired Game Master

Other than email-provider magic shared above, one Homecoming Account = One Email Address account. 

Only thing I'd add is to be sure to check that Gmail address on at least a monthly basis (if it's not tied to a device like your phone or tablet, then you should be fine as that syncs daily).  Google is taking on a deletion policy for inactive emails again, and anything not 'regularly used' in 2 years can be deactivated.  Then you're losing two login accounts, not one. 

As long as you're cool with that, go for it.

4 hours ago, GM Justice said:

A couple options:

there is very little in this advice that works in English English

/em getcoat

The Ghost Slaying Axe. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherspectre in the room, accept no substitutes.