Switching Servers

Regardless, SGs are server-specific. So he will get booted from the SG. 

If he also happens to be the SG lead, then the next SG member who logs in becomes the new SG leader. If there are no other SG members, the SG is forever dead. 

If you are the SG leader, you may promote someone else to be SG leader before you go. I highly recommend that. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ZekeStenzland said:

If you are the SG leader, you may promote someone else to be SG leader before you go. I highly recommend that.

Yep.  That's the way to go.  I actually bought an SG back on live (when it took prestige to build the base so a decent base was worth something).

• Thanks 1

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

A lot will depend on the character and the SG and what it means to you. If the SG is important, then it may well be better to recreate that character on the new shard and level them to 50. That doesn't take very long at all these days.

There's a fine line between a numerator and a denominator but only a fraction of people understand that.

14 hours ago, DorkLord1978 said:

Say I wanted to move my main character over to another server, but he's the founder of a SG.  What happens to the SG?

Are there others in the SG?

If they're the *only* character in the SG (say, it's something like their house or bar or something,) that SG is gone. It doesn't move with the character, and there's nobody left to maintain it. So if it's a base you're proud of and want to keep on that server - or for reference while you rebuild it on another server - make a level 1 whatever and /altinvite it to that SG.

If there are other characters, another character will become the leader and you will no longer be in the SG. "Founder" doesn't matter.

Kheldian backstory guide 2.0 is out.