Archetype origin IO

Brutal Justice

How do you get the superior version of these?  I guess I don’t even know how to get the regular ones.  Are these drops?  Do you use something to convert them to superior?  Use merits to buy them?  What are all the methods to get the regular ATOs and the superior ATOs?

Thanks

Guardian survivor

In general your best bet to get the regular ones is to buy them from the market. The majority of the supply comes from opening Super Packs but these are random so you'd probably just end up with ATOs for other ATs that you sell to fund Tanker ATOs. You can also buy them for Merits but you're generally better off using merits to buy Enhancement Booster or Converters and selling those to fund buying ATOs.

Now as for the superior ones you get those by using an Enhancement Catalyst on a regular ATO. You can also buy Superior ATOs on the market but it's generally better to just buy regular ones and upgrade (although definitely check the superior ones, sometimes you'll get a good deal).

Defender Smash!

Super Packs can be bought form the market for 10million each (the inventory is seeded by the developers rather than players so it's a fixed price).

Catalysts can either be bought from the market (4-6 million last time I checked but it's been a while) gained as a random while playing a level 50 character or bought for merits (25 merits each so generally not worth buying compared to other options)

Defender Smash!

Super Packs can be bought form the market for 10million each (the inventory is seeded by the developers rather than players so it's a fixed price).

Catalysts can either be bought from the market (4-6 million last time I checked but it's been a while) gained as a random while playing a level 50 character or bought for merits (25 merits each so generally not worth buying compared to other options)

If you're patient you can get Catalysts for ~800k - 1 million each; I bought a couple dozen over the last couple weeks.  Since I hit 50 I've had two drop in the last 3 days.

Guardian Survivor, occasional tanker and player of most AT's.

Guides: Invulnerability Tankers, The first 20 levels.  Invulnerability Tankers Soft Cap defense

Spoiler