Quick Question about enhancements.

Sibuto

I apologize if this has already been answered, but if I have 6 enhancement from the same set (Numina's in this case and all different ones) can I slot 3 into one power and 3 into another power and still receive the set bonus? Thank you in advance.

12 minutes ago, Sibuto said:

I apologize if this has already been answered, but if I have 6 enhancement from the same set (Numina's in this case and all different ones) can I slot 3 into one power and 3 into another power and still receive the set bonus? Thank you in advance.

Unless it specifically says you can only slot 1 of a specific enhancement, there's a general "rule of 5" in effect, where you will only ever receive the bonus from 5 instances of a particular bonus.  Please also note that, for instance, a 5% bonus and a 5.1% bonus are separate buffs, so you could have 5 of each.

• Like 1

IIRC, you have to put all 6 into one power to get all of the set bonuses

if you put 3 of the set into 1 power and the other 3 into another power, you will get the set bonus for having just three of the set twice, because you have 3 of the set in 2 different powers

• Like 1
  • Pizza (Pepperoni) 1

Yes.  You can duplicate sets all you want, but there are caveats to be aware of....

• Some sets, Like Numina's, have a Unique IO in it - that particular IO can only be used once in your entire build.  So you can 6 slot numina's in one power, but then only use the other 5 in other powers.
  • Some sets, like Purples, ATOs, and Event IOs are unique and you can only slot the set once.
    • Another Caveat - Winter Event IOs can be catalyzed to "Superior grade" you CAN slot an duplicates of a Winter Event set IF one is upgraded/catalyzed to Superior and the other is not.
  • Additionally, you can only benefit from the same set bonus up to 5x.  So, If you slot 3 Numina's in 6 powers - you'll get set bonuses for 5 of them and 0 for the 6th one.
    • You also need to be careful because other sets may have the same set bonus value as what you are slotting and those also counts toward your 5 max allotment.  For instance for a defender slotting up heals:
      • 3 Numina's give you +12% Regen and +19.08 HPs.  You also put in 3 Preventative Medicine into the power, you additionally get +2.5% S/L & +3.75% mez Resists and +19.08 HPs.  You also 3 slot Stamina with Performance Shifters which gives you +7.5% movement speed and +19.08 HPs.
      • So your count is: 
        • 1 bonus to +12% Regen
        • 1 bonus to +2.5% S/L & +3.75% mez Resists
        • 3 bonuses to +19.08 HPs
        • 1 bonus to +7.5% movement speed
      • This means you can only benefit slotting up to 2 more of the +19.08 HP bonus (and 4 of the others) - all other additional slotting of this bonus, you will not get - the IOs will work for the power, but the additional bonus will not happen.
      • You can add in additional bonuses like +10% Regen and +15.28 HPs and they will be separate from the above and you can stack up to 5 each of these as well.
  • Also, to note - to get the bonus for for the set - all IOs need to be in the same power.  So, you can't get the bonus for 6 by slotting 3 in one power and 3 in another - that just doubles up on the 2 & 3 slot bonuses.

Edited by Frozen Burn
  • Like 1
  • Pizza (Pepperoni) 1