Teleporter help

Cutter

Never built a base before...

I've had a look at the FAQ and other threads here, and can't figure out what I'm doing wrong (or just not doing). I placed my teleporter with 2 beacons adjacent (all from an arcane style). Yet when I click on the teleporter out of edit mode, the only option is "Cancel".

When I click on the teleporter in edit mode, I see yellow outlines on the beacons. This means they are connected, yes? Do I need a power supply or something for them?

Thanks!

tps.jpg.d030c2623976de04b6052de2105f321b.jpg

@Cutter

So many alts, so little time...

It looks like you have the 'porter selected, yes?

What does it look like when you have a beacon selected?  Does the 'porter turn yellow? 

Also, I've noticed that for some unknown reason, 'porters don't seem to like to connect in doorways.  I don't know if anyone else has had that problem.

Otherwise, this setup looks correct.

Have you tried logging out and back into the game?  Sometimes that refreshes everything into working correctly.

you do need power...a couple of small generators or a big one, whatever works. When they are working, you will see it register as green lightning bolts in one of the windows while you are in edit mode.

y0Y5yFQ.png Forever grateful to be back in my city!

@Impish Kat, that's correct. When I click on a beacon the teleporter outline is yellow. I don't think it's in a doorway but I could have easily done something like that!

@Healix, I'll give the generator a go and see if that resolves things.

Edit: Nope. I built a leyline generator thing, made a second teleporter, and added beacons to both so they are each sitting at 10 connections. When clicked, one of them lists 0 destinations in the dropdown, and the other lists 2 destinations. More trial and error I guess!

@Cutter

So it seems like all the redside destinations work fine. Blueside I’m only getting contact to RWZ and the two Dark Astorias. Maybe due to the memory leak issue they patched for this morning? That’s the only thing that makes sense cause my 3 teleporters are set up identically.

Unless anyone has other thoughts?

@Cutter

If you start redside you can’t TP blueside without a trip to Null the Gull to change your alignment. 

RWZ and DA are co-op zones for either alignment

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

you do need power...a couple of small generators or a big one, whatever works. When they are working, you will see it register as green lightning bolts in one of the windows while you are in edit mode.

I've tested and confirmed that you do NOT need power and control for the teleporters to work.

However, you DO need power and control for several medical items to work.  (So if you die in a mish and want to hosp to base, you need power and control for the med pod)