Powerset set Suggestion: Cosmos

I have had this idea for a little while now and have wanted to post about it but haven't been able to put into words so here I go.

Cosmos blast:

"You can create portals to the far cosmos and bring forth beams of energy from the furthest parts of the universe. Each successful attack will reduce your targets regen slightly." Think space portal with rainbow beam.

Cosmos Melee:

"You can imube your body with the power of the cosmos and execute devastating moves upon your opponents. Each successful attack will reduce your targets regen slightly." Think rainbow glowy punch and kick type thing with space portal cameo possibly.

Cosmos Manipulation:

"You can create portals to the far cosmos and bring forth power from the furthest parts of the universe to trap and manipulate your foes." Think windy rainbow beam that burns a circle into the ground for the immobilize or lines of light wrapped around an enemy for the hold.

Cosmos Guard:

"You can command the powers at the edge of the universe to protect you. Each armour slightly increases your regen." Think glowy rainbow line wrapping around player world serpent-esque.

I think I did the tags correctly.

Edited by RiktiHater
Correction from other person

Tony Hank Pro Skier

Not a matter of being known or not... but your presentation could use a bit more filling out, since this is rather vague besides a bit about the visuals. Other than the -regen, this honestly sounds more like it'd be handled best with a power customization option. (Mind you, I think it'd be a rather neat looking customization option and would visually go with "classic" Invulnerability.)

... heck, if that effect can be created, I wonder what else it could be applied to. Ice shields? Make it an iridescent sheen for costume bits?  Separate discussion there, most likely...

Anyway. Fill it out a bit more! What do you see it doing besides a little -res? Why is it tied to a "cosmic" theme?

Edited by Greycat

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

On 2/22/2024 at 4:03 AM, Greycat said:

but your presentation could use a bit more filling out, since this is rather vague besides a bit about the visuals.

I have a prototype for the control set:

Unseen Cage: Immobilize, light damage, slight -regen (2-3% or around there). "A portal to the far universe opens above an enemy and burns a circle onto the ground around them with the focused power of a star. The enemy can not step past this circle while the energy still lingers. The lingering burn of the stars slightly decreases their regen for a while. Recharge: Short."

Star Grasp: Hold, moderate DOT, slight -regen. "A portal to the stars opens above an enemy and sends wires of pure star energy through the portal to wrap around the enemy. The enemy cannot undo the binds and must wait for the energy to fade. The lingering burn of the stars slightly decreases their regen for a while. Recharge: Short."

Deep Space Lullaby: Narrow Cone Sleep, light damage, delayed confuse. "A portal opens above your target and an enchanting song flows through and lulls your opponents to sleep, when they wake up they are confused and will start attacking their allies in some type of post-hypnotic suggestion state. Recharge: Moderate."   (I like this one)

Blinding Beam: Extremely narrow cone (like 5 degrees) Disorient, -perception, high damage, slight -regen. "A focused beam of light blasts from a portal infront of an enemy and blinds them. They are disoriented for a short time and have reduced pereception for a short time after that. The lingering burn of the stars slightly decreases their regen for a while. Racharge: Moderate."

Grasping Cosmos: Targeted AOE Hold, moderate DOT, slight -regen. "A large portal opens above a group of enemies and cords of light crack out to restrain them from doing anything. The enemies cannot undo the binds and must wait for the energy to fade. The lingering burn of the stars slightly decreases their regen for a while. Recharge: Long."

Curse of the stars: -dam, -acc, -def, -res, -regen, "You put the curse of the stars on an enemy, it reduces many of their capabilities for a short time."

Selection for the Cosmos: Phase, delayed disorient, -end, -rech, -acc. "You select an enemy and pull it into the cosmos for a short time, when they come back they are tired and disoriented. Recharge: Moderate."

Living light: Summon light creature AOE slow. "You summon light that has had its very self warped by the edge of the universe to the point where its nearly living.  It has the capabilities to attack enemies with beams of light. This light will gain strength each time an enemy dies and slows enemies around it. It lasts 30 seconds. Recharge: Long."

Sanctuary: PBAOE ally +def, +res, +regen, foe -dam, -acc, summon Guardian. "You call and the cosmos answers with a sanctuary for you and your allies and a Guardian to keep this place safe. While you or an allie is inside the bubble their defense, resistance and regen will be drastically increased. Any foes inside will have their accuracy and damage decreased. Lasts 1 min. Recharge extremely long."

I had to spend a bit of time on a few powers but now I'm happy with it! Could still use a bit of work balancing wise probably but I can see this being a powerset if I try. The colour of the power icons could be an extremely dark blue-teal. A small reason I also do agree that those visuals would be cool on other powersets.

Edited by RiktiHater
Clarification and Improving

Tony Hank Pro Skier