Delete Badge Option

Would it be possible to set up a way to remove badges from our characters?

I just logged in a new character to play around with the new powersets, and I got the new Rookie exploration badge behind Ms. Liberty.

I don't want it.  I'm deleting the character and starting over and will avoid Ms. Liberty from now on, but why not be able to right click on a badge and remove it from the list?  If it's a simple badge that's earned for doing X, then whatever marker gets cleared.  If it's a counter system, deleting the badge resets the counter to 0.  If it's a badge that's linked to a progression, then anything you have that comes after it is also removed (like if you just earned Leader for earning 500 million influence and choose to delete Trendsetter, have it set the counter to the amount for the badge just below it 10 million for Superstar and this not only erases Trendsetter but also Popular and Leader, but then those could reappear again as you earn more influence).

I know almost everybody LOVES their badges and "with a rebel yell cried more, more, more!!"  I am not that player.  I absolutely detest accidentally getting badges that I don't want, especially get annoyed at some that have titles that really don't fit the theme of a given character.

Everyone can keep their badges... but let the few of us that aren't obsessed be able to opt out of the obsession.

• Thumbs Down 5

• City Council

No, badges can have pretty complex requirements that are hard to reset, and even in the case of simple ones, resetting them is not desirable. For a very obvious example, take the Veteran badges -- while they are awarded by a single stat that could be reset to zero, that means player would be able to repeatedly get the badges for infinite Empyrean merits. Even Rookie has a reward attached, it gave you Patrol XP, so allowing you to revoke an Exploration badge would mean infinite Patrol XP.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

57 minutes ago, Faultline said:

No, badges can have pretty complex requirements that are hard to reset, and even in the case of simple ones, resetting them is not desirable. For a very obvious example, take the Veteran badges -- while they are awarded by as single stat that could be reset to zero, that means player would be able to repeatedly get the badges for infinite Empyrean merits. Even Rookie has a reward attached, it gave you Patrol XP, so allowing you to revoke an Exploration badge would mean infinite Patrol XP.

Maybe exclude certain badges that could be exploited?

4 hours ago, Faultline said:

No, badges can have pretty complex requirements that are hard to reset, and even in the case of simple ones, resetting them is not desirable. For a very obvious example, take the Veteran badges -- while they are awarded by as single stat that could be reset to zero, that means player would be able to repeatedly get the badges for infinite Empyrean merits. Even Rookie has a reward attached, it gave you Patrol XP, so allowing you to revoke an Exploration badge would mean infinite Patrol XP.

Alternative suggestion:  Badge confirmation acceptance?

When a new badge would be awarded... pop up that says [Accept/Deny] like the little window that we get for the Mystic Fortune buff power.

Maybe even make badge acceptance confirmation something you have to toggle on via Null the Gull so that it doesn't change the experience for anyone that likes things as they are.

Edited by Player2
  • Thumbs Down 1

I'd have to ask "why?" It's not hovering over your head unless you pick it. To see it otherwise requires people to deliberately go in and look at your badges - and even then they'd have to hover over each individual one. The only effect it has on you is (potentially) a little patrol XP and being one of a set to get the Atlas Park exploration accolade.

Plus, honestly, it's still easier to avoid than Redside and their "next big thing" badge, which is *right* at the steps to go talk to the arbiter. It's very obvious, it's well behind the trainer and rather hard to accidentally step on  - even with a crowd like that on Everlasting around her right now.

I mean, honestly I don't *care* one way or the other if it's left where it is but this seems an awful lot of angst over something nobody's going to notice (and wont' be a title unless *you* pick it - you're aware of that, right? Not asking sarcastically, asking because you referenced it becoming a title. It doesn't become a title when you run over it, just if you deliberately go into badges and pick it.)

(Edit: If it were where it was in Echo, I'd probably be more inclined to agree with moving it, as that was *literally* the spot you'd appear on character creation. But this is an easily avoidable spot.)

Edited by Greycat
  • Like 4

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.