Back on a Blaster lol

Snarky

I dallied hard with a Ice Dark Corr over last few weeks. 900 badges. And it is good.  

But….  It is not “me.”  I need my Dark vampire theme saturated lol.  Sooo…. I dusted off my 1300 badge Dark Dark Blaster.  

Having learned a lot on my various Corr forays I decided to respec and lean into the pbaoe stun aura with the targeted aoe stun attack to give myself some pbaoe Soul Drain/Nuke room.  I thought this was rather clever. Mag 4 stun (2+2). Respect!   Dark Dark Soul ftw

Jumped on a pug that was going to run a upgraded LGTF.  Okay, my second one.  First was hanging on a rocking pro team.  Well, all but me. This time a few people were honest about not knowing much. I knew enough to not be optimistic. So…. The first run was more like a carry than I realized.  And I was sure I was weaker than most if the team. Because they somehow avoided our tactic.  Kill most.  It did make the trips back from the hospital easier.  We found a rhythm. Slow tempo,  rumbling bass, voice of doom vocals. I cautioned in the Hami that the last team was specifically not killing all the pylons. I killed two from above and the team decided to start on the mitos.  I switched to mitos. There was a couple deaths but so far so good. Then the team started on the pylons…. I am like wtf?  Okay, reverse the order.  I start helping. They kill all the pylons. Not sure if that was the plan.  Then we learned why you do not kill all the pylons…. I had yet to die in the Hami mission , but quickly chalked up three and was on my face ( i think falling through the air after the latest drop ship orbital cannon death) when Hami was dropped.  Good times.  We slogged on. The last mission we plowed to the last room and triggered the cutscene.  There was a lot of death.  💀 I think they should kill the cutscenes and just put the Benny Hill music on. We were victimized errr victorious!!!!   And git our two badges and w/e merits and crap. 

So….I started my daily German studies and glared at my MiDs screen. Hmmm. Pulled up new issue and read…. Okay Dark Dark Dark, forget stun aura.  Get 3 conceal powers (stealth, infiltration, and phase shift). (What use is infiltration if you have stealth?  Seriously…). And also grabbed a Teleport friend/enemy power.  Just the one. If i need to grab a team its the slow way. But i can phase shift to get in/out of hairy stuff and then relocate folks.  I lost a few things i liked and wanted to work on the respec, but tightened the build and got things i needed.  Also, the Epic Dark armor looks much better with the Dark 2nd PBAoE dam aura (soul noir).  Style counts!!!  

I will stay on this guy a few days at least lol.  Need to stress test through some hard content, pick up a few more badges and see how it goes.  I am loving the damage I must say.  Cannot figure out if the Epic Dark +health/end pbaoe would have helped in LGTF.  I am thinking not.  Maybe in a regular master run where a Tank has the agro and you can sponge up some safety numbers while enemies are distracted.  But that new LGTF is just a raccoon city laser grid hallway. 

Edited by Snarky
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, KITANYA said:

Where can you see the Amount of Badgers you have?` You said you had 900 on one and 1300 on the current one you're playing?

Click Menu --> Personal Info (J) - them go to the Badges Tab.

Edited by High_Beam
  • Thanks 1

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

We also ran 1* LGTF last night for the first time. It was mostly fun. 77 deaths for the 2h30m run. During the Hami mission we had Rikti camping us in the med chopper. That was an ugly surprise!

Our team lead had graphics issues in the final mission beyond the portal. Couldn’t see any of the reactors or turrets. But we still got all the badges. 

Plus we got the variety badge. As it happened (unplanned), everyone ran a different AT. 

• Like 1

Now if you are really looking for Badgers . . .

wild_kingdom.jpg.069d0231784c9dea69674b9bb2ccdea0.jpg

Ask this guy, he may also show you how he teaches poodles to fly.

• Banjo 1
  • Pizza (Pineapple) 1

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

9 hours ago, Snarky said:

So….I started my daily German studies and glared at my MiDs screen.

Sei die Dunkelheit!

• Like 1

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

17 minutes ago, PeregrineFalcon said:

Sei die Dunkelheit!

i had to look that one up, but i love it.  still working on grammar and basic chat.  but German grammar is easy, a few weeks and i'm sure i will be fine....

• Haha 1

Haven't played much since the update (rimworld, yeah, i'm addicted to that game) but I had already respecced my widow.  But I will have to see how my two maxed blasters do.  I was indestructible on them before the patch(then again I always make my toons tankier, rather than just loading up on damage procs like everyone under the sun).  Though its also my play, I'm always watching every single power enemies use and I'm never satisfied until I'm soloing the mobs again :D.

Maybe i'll run the water blaster first with it, since she has rise of the phoenix, which to me is effectively a free nuke and extra health bar, it even recharges super fast on Alma :D.  If not then it'll have to be the widow just to be sure the team has more force multipliers.