Should the Devs (if possible) remove the blue caves from the game?

[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The only true issue with the blue caves (IMO) is that a small portion of the player base has trouble with those colors.

The ideal solution would be to build chroma filtering into the game. I know a very long list of add requests with a really small dev team.

If I'm remembering correctly, there are two "small caves" map-tile sets, one in blue and the other in brown, with identical map structures.

Remembering a discussion with Positron about the possibility of user-created maps, he confirmed that the maps were built using preconstructed blocks, but that the tools for joining them together were still primitive enough that it took a fair bit of time and skill to get everything to line up and join correctly, so it would need a lot of work to create a map builder that players could use. And I'm sure anyone who was around for the release of City of Villains remembers all of the maps where you'd find a corridor that had a black wall "blocking" the corridor, but if you went through it, you could see the corridor back the way you came... or drop through to the "floor" of the universe and have to get a GM to put you back... or have mobs jumping through gaps in the geometry to get away, then shoot at you from under the map where you couldn't shoot back. All of these are the result of mistakes the devs made when joining and aligning the map blocks, and the tools (and map blocks) would have to be cleaned up enough to make building a map a snap-click process before it could be made accessible to the playerbase.

I don't know whether the maps are defined logically enough in the databases to be able to make a sweeping replacement of all of the blue cave blocks with the identical (except for color) brown cave blocks, but if that's possible -- without having to go through map-by-map and do realignment of all the block joins -- that would be a solution to the color problem.

If properly coded, rather than replacing the blocks, it should just be a matter of replacing the "purple" textures.

Indomitable Heroes: Catgoyle, Toxia, Roberta XR-523, Guardian Clara, Street Cleaner, Princess Cuppycakes

Indomitable Villains: Fluffums, Freeloadin' Freddy, Beatrix the Bunneh, Cheese Thief

No.

I like the cave maps.  They're interesting to fight in, and a change of pace from the more flat, open maps like the blue science bases.  Those I do find a bit dull at times, but I wouldn't want them removed.

If properly coded, rather than replacing the blocks, it should just be a matter of replacing the "purple" textures.

Which is a big 'if'. However, my point was that I believe that the brown cave maps are duplicates of the blue cave maps -- or, at least, duplicate the pieces they're made from -- and that it should be possible to replace the blue caves with the brown ones for the specific problem of people having issues with the color.