How to map LMB Drag to Quick Look?

Curveball

So in the latest patch it changed the default left mouse button behavior - pre-patch it would behave as a "Quick Look", you could drag the mouse to pan your view and then when you released it would snap back. Post-patch, it is a permanent rotate camera setting and when you release the mouse button the camera angle stays where you put it.

I know why the change was made because it threw me when page 7 was released, but after a while I got to like it, so I want to change the behavior back. Unfortunately it looks like I can't do it on the Keymapping panel... I can click on the Quick Look entry to bind a key, but it won't accept LMB as a key to bind. That's sensible, since you can wind up really screwing up your mouse, but it means there's no simple way to do what I want.

(I already have the middle mouse button remapped to something else).

Is there a bind of quicklook? i.e., could I

/bind lbutton quicklook

and take care of it? Or is 'left button drag" an action that needs to be called out on its own (never used it back in the day). So maybe

/bind lbuttondrag quicklook

or

/bind lbutton+drag quicklook

...or something like that?

• City Council

You actually can bind it from the options menu. Go there, click on the first entry next to quicklook, then when it's waiting for a keypress don't just click but drag the game world outside of the window, like you were trying to pan around with the left button.

It's not super intuitive but it does work.

Failing that, you can also use this, which is the previous default:

/bind leftdragworld "+camrotate$$camturn"

LeftDragWorld is a new input event that fires only when dragging outside of any UI element -- necessary for that kind of control so that it doesn't interfere with left button clicks and dragging in the UI.

• 2 weeks later

So, let me get this straight:

"+camrotate" will pan the camera while the button is held down and then leave the camera facing the direction it was when the button is released. 

"+camrotate$$camturn" also pans the camera while the button is held down, but then snaps back to behind the character's facing direction upon release.

Are these assumptions correct?

Also - There is "+forward$$playerturn" tied to MouseChord and W now, which seems better than the former "+forward_mouse" command (I dispised the autorun built in), but how does the "$$playerturn" function within the command?

Edited by Dregn Ryder