Why were clearly heroic story arcs tagged for Rogue/villains?

Disclaimer: I apologize beforehand if I sound rude.

Alexander Pavlidis' elections arc? Villains wouldn't have cared, or would have sought profit from it. It's HEROES who cared and did something about it (or vigilantes, but honestly? Nothing in that arc would have made Statesman break your bow and kick you out of the Phalanx).

And now Piecemeal's end arc? Bile didn't show the portents of the coming storm to someone who'd either profit from it or say "yeah, none of my business, this." He showed this to someone who'll hopefully do something about it (the mission even has heroic dialogue options).

Is there a reason why the devs didn't mark this as blue side content?  Once again, I'm nothing if not thankful for the new content and I'm thrilled at the prospect of you people giving it a try at the (maybe!) coming storm, I'm just baffled.

AE ARCS:

Most Dangerous Game (ongoing): 16058, 16059, 16060, 4363, 15230, 22386, 23645 * The God Machine (finished): 26365 * Family Reunion (finished): 18920 * Remnants (finished): 5405, 5408, 5411, 5597 * Ball and Chain (finished): 33690 * The Scroll of the Spirit Dragon (finished): 37070 * Prime Real Estate (finished):  43979 * Lord of War (finished):  49034 * Euthanatos (ongoing): 41945, 54307, 54312, 50727

3 hours ago, WhiteNightingale said:

Alexander Pavlidis' elections arc? Villains wouldn't have cared, or would have sought profit from it. It's HEROES who cared and did something about it (or vigilantes, but honestly? Nothing in that arc would have made Statesman break your bow and kick you out of the Phalanx).

I assume you're talking about John Houston's arc. It's not a villain arc, it's specifically for rogues. There's a morality choice and the arc can have two outcomes, one with a hero alignment and one with a rogue alignment.

Piecemeal's new arc can be played by any alignment. Only the prerequisite Doc Buzzsaw arc is a villain arc.

• Like 1

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

9 hours ago, Uun said:

There's a morality choice and the arc can have two outcomes, one with a hero alignment and one with a rogue alignment.

Why requiring a redsider then? Wouldn't it have been easier to place the contact in Kalisti for a neutral alignment? 

• Like 1

AE ARCS:

Most Dangerous Game (ongoing): 16058, 16059, 16060, 4363, 15230, 22386, 23645 * The God Machine (finished): 26365 * Family Reunion (finished): 18920 * Remnants (finished): 5405, 5408, 5411, 5597 * Ball and Chain (finished): 33690 * The Scroll of the Spirit Dragon (finished): 37070 * Prime Real Estate (finished):  43979 * Lord of War (finished):  49034 * Euthanatos (ongoing): 41945, 54307, 54312, 50727

4 minutes ago, WhiteNightingale said:

Why requiring a redsider then? Wouldn't it have been easier to place the contact in Kalisti for a neutral alignment? 

Because Dr. Pierce, now Piecemeal, is a recognized criminal in Paragon City would be my guess.

• 2 weeks later
On 2/28/2024 at 5:30 PM, Rudra said:

Because Dr. Pierce, now Piecemeal, is a recognized criminal in Paragon City would be my guess.

What about the Alexander the Great elections arc?

AE ARCS:

1 hour ago, WhiteNightingale said:
On 2/28/2024 at 4:30 PM, Rudra said:

What about the Alexander the Great elections arc?

Alexander the Great is a "redeemed" villain you recruit away from the Warriors as part of his 3 mission arc from... I can't remember who....

Edit: I am curious though. What red side arc are you referring to? Because the only Piecemeal arc I can think of is the pay phone in the RWZ.

Edited by Rudra

Don't think Alexander has much to do with it -- my redsider was able to access John Houston's arc despite no past history with Alexander (who's part of blue-side arcs). And his path in the story suggests he's not anywhere near the good guy he immediately appeared to be.

the IC justification to me seems pretty clear: if you're a true-blue hero or a crusading vigilante, John Houston would never work with you in the first place. He's kind of a scumbag. If you're a full-out villain, you wouldn't be able to get to paragon in the first place. 

It would have been nice for the best neighborhood heroic content we've gotten ... ever(?) in this game to be accessible for heroes so I get where you're coming from, OP, but I can only assume they intend to make similar content for vigilantes in the Rogue Isles as part of a project to increase cross-population of factions.

Edited by Sunsette

irregulars book logo noby white.png

Sundered Marches: The Website | The Official Soundtrack!