Little Luan Ice/Cold Build

Mosaic

Here is the data chunk:

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

49 minutes ago, Mosaic said:

FYI, I have pulled this toon out of mothballs after a year on the shelf.

Am I the only one underwhelmed by Snow Storm?

I see no point in taking it, most of the ice powers already apply movement debuffs already.

• 4 weeks later
On 2/29/2024 at 7:34 PM, PasswordisTaco said:

Here is my ice/cold corr if you wanted a different perspective. I skipped snowstorm on it, having 3 rains already kind of pins you down enough. 

This is my favorite character. Both sets are just awesome. 

Corruptor (Ice Blast - Cold Domination).mbd 43.49 kB · 77 downloads

why skip bitter freeze ray in favor of freeze ray?

4 hours ago, Maslow said:

why skip bitter freeze ray in favor of freeze ray?

Animation time. Bitter Freeze Ray is the same animation as Energy Transfer. It's about three seconds and it just feels like forever in combat.

• Thumbs Up 1

And that also causes freeze ray's DPA to be much higher, making it the better attack in general.

However, I have seen some hardmode builds that take both FR and BFR, because there is tactical value in being able to freeze certain bosses and EB's in hardmode (smelters etc).

• 4 weeks later

So...I came here hoping to find a solution to Arctic Fog. It puzzles me. A decent amount of benefit, at an extreme endurance cost. I would grasp the cost if it did damage, but it doesn't. And heat loss isn't available until 30, I think. So, that's 10 levels of relying on team buffs or something external.

Seems like Heat Loss should come BEFORE Arctic Fog, so you can actually take AF and use it. But...while I'm sure at 50, taking Cardiac solves all the issues...it doesn't do much for me leveling up from 20 to 30. 

I suppose with 2xp those 10 levels don't last THAT long, but long enough to notice. A bit disappointed in my initial build. It plays so much like a blaster, and I kept waiting for Frigid Protection...and suddenly I remember, I'm a corruptor not a blaster. No Sustain, just an exhausting arctic fog, and a fairly lengthy recharge time on heat loss - too long to be of much use until 50. 

As far as builds go, I'm delighted to see the two different approaches to a build. It gives me some ideas. Appreciate the sharing. 

15 hours ago, Xaddy said:

So...I came here hoping to find a solution to Arctic Fog. It puzzles me. A decent amount of benefit, at an extreme endurance cost. I would grasp the cost if it did damage, but it doesn't. And heat loss isn't available until 30, I think. So, that's 10 levels of relying on team buffs or something external.

Seems like Heat Loss should come BEFORE Arctic Fog, so you can actually take AF and use it. But...while I'm sure at 50, taking Cardiac solves all the issues...it doesn't do much for me leveling up from 20 to 30. 

I suppose with 2xp those 10 levels don't last THAT long, but long enough to notice. A bit disappointed in my initial build. It plays so much like a blaster, and I kept waiting for Frigid Protection...and suddenly I remember, I'm a corruptor not a blaster. No Sustain, just an exhausting arctic fog, and a fairly lengthy recharge time on heat loss - too long to be of much use until 50. 

As far as builds go, I'm delighted to see the two different approaches to a build. It gives me some ideas. Appreciate the sharing. 

Here's my recommendation for your quandary:

Keep Arctic Fog, ensure it is slotted to your desire. For example, I have it 6-slotted (by Level 50...) with the Luck of the Gambler set, which gets is down to 0.27/s endurance cost if you +5 them. What I would also say is to pick up the Recovery Serum temporary power from the S.T.A.R.T. vendor. You can carry a lot of these and they work in a pinch during the 10 levels between Arctic Fog and Heat Loss power access. Arctic Fog is a great power in that in addition to getting some resistance and defense (which persists even in combat), it also grants Stealth (35ft) which persists even in combat also (if you click a glowie it will shut off like normal stealth powers). 

Edit: There is also the base temporary power station that you can craft the Increase Recovery temporary power. 

Edited by Glacier Peak

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

8 hours ago, Glacier Peak said:

There is also the base temporary power station that you can craft the Increase Recovery temporary power. 

Thanks, I've been doing these kinds of tricks as soon as I had the salvage to do it. 
Also been reading through the various posts on generating the influence to make a build. Not in a class with some of these folks yet, not sure that's my goal, but I do have over 300M at level 29. 

So, I got the Miracle: recovery and the Panacea: +hit points/endurance. I decided to skip the numina based on some reading I did in these forums. 

And, I broke down and added a third slot to stamina. I figure once I get more bonuses to boost the recovery, and get portal jockey, I might be able to replace it with that Power Transfer: chance for heal and not suffer any lack of endurance. 

Still, it would make more sense to me to have the endurance management tool, Heat Loss, before the endurance burning toggle. But, I guess if everything made sense to me, it might not make any sense to others. 

• Like 1