Moonfire Task Force - Dr. Roberta Todd

Nayeh

So I reached this step and found Dr. Roberta Todd as a non-friendly alignment. I used Blizzard, noticed she was orange-con like an enemy, and ended up accidentally defeating her myself. She was always Blue-aligned in the passed, even before she was "freed".

Archetype: Blaster

Alignment: Vigilante

Confusion Presence: None

image.png.5fc455b2e7c806f6fb44f7ee7e5297eb.png

I don't know about this specific instance, but I do know on several missions, the rescuee shows hostile but does not fight until freed, at which point they become friendly. Most notably, Shock Treatment and Stardusk do this in a few tip missions. There are other NPCs that do so in regular missions as well, but I don't remember which ones.

8 hours ago, Lockely said:

I was in this group, and have been running MF TFs all week. First any of us ran into it as a group. The only thing different this time is we had a villain alongside us, so it was a co-op mission.

Didn't matter if a villain or hero started the TF, Todd will con hostile to redside.

If all are villains, Todd will con non-hostile.

I was on a all hero TF prior to the release of co-op Striga and Todd almost died from AOEs prior to freeing her.  Once she was freed, we could no longer affect her.  This never used to be the case.  It used to be she was unaffected by anything until she was freed, and then only NPC foes could damage her.  

1 hour ago, Frozen Burn said:

I was on a all hero TF prior to the release of co-op Striga and Todd almost died from AOEs prior to freeing her.  Once she was freed, we could no longer affect her.  This never used to be the case.  It used to be she was unaffected by anything until she was freed, and then only NPC foes could damage her.  

Well, like @lemming said, she cons red to red siders. And red siders couldn't get into the zone before it went co-op.

Edit: I misread your post. Apologies. Please disregard this post.

Edited by Rudra

• 2 months later

I've gotten in the habit of not closing with spawns that hold a hostage even if the hostage cons white or blue. I always pull the guards to me. (Mostly because of that one tip mission where you have to rescue three heroes who all have 1 HP and die if the Freakshow anywhere in the area use an AoE anywhere near them.) While not ideal, it is something you can do to avoid getting her killed. And yes, this even works for melee characters. Just make sure you have a decently ranged attack or taunt to pull with.