'Meet with Akarist in Portal Corp' - PPD forces are hostile instead of friendly

This mission is part of the hero-side version of the 'Who Will Die?' Signature Arcs - Episode 6, specifically. The basic layout of the mission is simple - you head to Portal Corp, which is heavily defended by PPD Awakened and Hardsuits due to recent events, head inside to meet Akarist who provides you with a key Clue, only to then be alerted to the fact that Nemesis is attacking the facility. Your objective then becomes to clear out some Nemesis invaders from the Portal Corp building, as well as the Nemesis groups that are fighting the PPD in the grounds above...

Except, that's not the way it worked out when I ran it with some friends earlier. Instead, the PPD were immediately hostile on arrival, forcing us to fight through them to get to Akarist - and when we returned to the grounds after having a chat with him, we found the survivors hanging out peacefully with the Nemesis invaders, standing in formations that were clearly MEANT to be pitched battles but instead looked like an awkward workplace meet'n'greet.

A pretty obvious, and simple, error - designating the PPD as 'hostile' instead of 'friendly - and while it DID add some challenge and amusement to the mission, it's also very clearly a bug. (And/or a Nemesis plot.) Possibly this is caused by some sort of 'cross-pollination' with the VILLAINOUS version of the mission, where you arrive DURING the Nemesis invasion, with both them and PPD understandably being hostile to you...

3 hours ago, BlakeTheDrake said:

This mission is part of the hero-side version of the 'Who Will Die?' Signature Arcs - Episode 6, specifically. The basic layout of the mission is simple - you head to Portal Corp, which is heavily defended by PPD Awakened and Hardsuits due to recent events, head inside to meet Akarist who provides you with a key Clue, only to then be alerted to the fact that Nemesis is attacking the facility. Your objective then becomes to clear out some Nemesis invaders from the Portal Corp building, as well as the Nemesis groups that are fighting the PPD in the grounds above...

Except, that's not the way it worked out when I ran it with some friends earlier. Instead, the PPD were immediately hostile on arrival, forcing us to fight through them to get to Akarist - and when we returned to the grounds after having a chat with him, we found the survivors hanging out peacefully with the Nemesis invaders, standing in formations that were clearly MEANT to be pitched battles but instead looked like an awkward workplace meet'n'greet.

A pretty obvious, and simple, error - designating the PPD as 'hostile' instead of 'friendly - and while it DID add some challenge and amusement to the mission, it's also very clearly a bug. (And/or a Nemesis plot.) Possibly this is caused by some sort of 'cross-pollination' with the VILLAINOUS version of the mission, where you arrive DURING the Nemesis invasion, with both them and PPD understandably being hostile to you...

I knew those cops were dirty!  Never trust the PPD!  Down with the Man!  😄  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sunsette said:

Out of curiosity, were you or any of your friends either Rog or Vig? I've noticed missions that are mirrored on both sides have been having a lot of complaints like this in the last few weeks and most times that I inquire, it happens to a Rog or Vig.

I don't know about EVERYONE on the team, but the mission was mine, and I was running it as a Vigilante. At least one other member was also Vigilante, that I know of. I mean, most people settle on Rog/Vig these days, since it's easy and convenient...