BA/Bio Armor Build question

WARMONGER34

Hello! I recently leveled up my BA/Bio Scrapper to level 50 and I wondering how to build him out. I am relatively new to the game, so this enhancement mini game is pretty overwhelming for a noob like me. I just figured out it could be pretty expensive and set me back if I make a series of mistakes.

I was wondering if any builds are out there for this combo? I just don't want to make a mistake that costs me millions of influence atm lol.

51 minutes ago, WARMONGER34 said:

Hello! I recently leveled up my BA/Bio Scrapper to level 50 and I wondering how to build him out. I am relatively new to the game, so this enhancement mini game is pretty overwhelming for a noob like me. I just figured out it could be pretty expensive and set me back if I make a series of mistakes.

I was wondering if any builds are out there for this combo? I just don't want to make a mistake that costs me millions of influence atm lol.

Fairly new myself so here's 2 pro tips given to me by the pros:

1. Play the AH to get Inf

2. Download Mids Reborn. It's a build manager that lets you make all the mistakes you want for free.

Edit: And one of these vets is gonna pop on here and drop a build on you that'll wreck the world. In 3....2.....1....

Edited by WuTang

What are your build goals with the scrapper? What kind of content do you envision doing with it? Do you prefer to build towards its strengths or shore up weaknesses?

I typically don't publicly release builds, but I've helped a number of people get better at making their own builds over the years and it starts with identifying your build goals. After that taking a stab at making a build with mids. Loading it into the test server where IOs are free and seeing if the character performs how you expected it to or if you're still off base.

Bio Armor really thrives with a decent amount of recharge because of its three click powers. Luckily enough two of them are pbaoes that increase in effectiveness based on how many mobs surrounding you. You can build Bio to have a large HP pool which helps it's Regen ticks, tick for more HP. It also gets a large absorb, and some resistance and defense padding. Because the click powers are kinda the bread and butter, slow resistance is pretty crucial. You get 30% with Inexhaustible, but can stack more with Winter's Gift, and Winter Set IOs 2/3 piece bonuses.

Battle axe works well in that you can slot in some FF procs to help turbo charge your recharge a bit and bring mobs in around you where they can help fuel your click buffs but also get weakened with evolving armor/genetic contamination.

Think up your build goals, and take a stab at making your own build. There's lots of vets here that have been playing for 20 years and most of us like teaching people things about this game to make more competent players.

Currently trying to run ITF's with a couple of buddies who just got in the game as well. We are running Dark Astoria missions atm trying to get our incarnates leveled up.

I have been looking at the scrapper enhancements on the Merit ATM, and I am saving up reward merits to purchase those. (currently bought the ones that have a proc) Just was looking for input on what to slot out first as well.

I am at times feeling useless in ITF's dont really hit that often and always running low on endurance. I mainly run into a pack start with Axe Cyclone, Pendulum, Cleave, Swoop, and then Chop. For the Bio stuff If im getting hurt I click on the DNA Siphon and Ablative Carapace. I use Parasitic sometimes on my AOE attacks when I initially run in. 

First time playing a Melee damage character so trying to figure out the mechanics of it still. Thanks for the tips will look into the Winters Gift enhancements and the Test server.

On 3/15/2024 at 8:23 PM, WARMONGER34 said:

Currently trying to run ITF's with a couple of buddies who just got in the game as well. We are running Dark Astoria missions atm trying to get our incarnates leveled up.

I have been looking at the scrapper enhancements on the Merit ATM, and I am saving up reward merits to purchase those. (currently bought the ones that have a proc) Just was looking for input on what to slot out first as well.

I am at times feeling useless in ITF's dont really hit that often and always running low on endurance. I mainly run into a pack start with Axe Cyclone, Pendulum, Cleave, Swoop, and then Chop. For the Bio stuff If im getting hurt I click on the DNA Siphon and Ablative Carapace. I use Parasitic sometimes on my AOE attacks when I initially run in. 

First time playing a Melee damage character so trying to figure out the mechanics of it still. Thanks for the tips will look into the Winters Gift enhancements and the Test server.

Check the prices before buying stuff with merits. A normal ATO + a catalyst can run you to 10 million in the Auction House where 100 merits used in the ATM can be worth around 15-16 million. Check my newbie guide in the my signature.

Don't feel bad about not having much to do, it's common in the end game with mobs being squishy and players having so much damage. Just keep hitting the bosses and let the lieutenants and minions die from the AoE.

Running out endurance tells me you're not slotting DNA Siphon properly. Try having a Theft of Essence proc in it and possibly 5 Synapse Shock, or the Theft of Essence and two recharge and two endurance modifications (though Synapses are cheap so I'd just go for them).