Time/DP Build

icehero

Hello after reviewing a few builds already on the forum and mostly taking from @Bopper old build. This is the build I ended up with and currently running.

It runs pretty good but has some week points. Looking to close those few weak points. 

Dmg is spot on but when power boost goes down after initial entry into fight thats where it can get tricky.

See if anyone has ideas on getting little more defense in.

Defender (Time Manipulation - Dual Pistols).mbd

Just to be sure, are you using power boost before casting farsight? You ought to be amply softcapped with it on.

Defense based builds are brittle and from time to time will take a big hit - that's just life under the rng.

The bopper build is effective. It's one of very few builds I've seen made by a big-name forumite that is not terrible. There are efficiencies to be found (I'd personally try to avoid muling purples and find some way to get rech elsewhere, say putting sets in chronoshift and time's juncture), but you shouldn't die that easily through powerboosted farsight and TJ.

53 minutes ago, Zect said:

Just to be sure, are you using power boost before casting farsight? You ought to be amply softcapped with it on.

Defense based builds are brittle and from time to time will take a big hit - that's just life under the rng.

The bopper build is effective. It's one of very few builds I've seen made by a big-name forumite that is not terrible. There are efficiencies to be found (I'd personally try to avoid muling purples and find some way to get rech elsewhere, say putting sets in chronoshift and time's juncture), but you shouldn't die that easily through powerboosted farsight and TJ.

Farsight is perma as well as chronoshift and haste.

So yes farsight is active when i turn on power boost but once its cast time is done my defense drops to 42% around the board which doesnt allow me to day super fast but iv found myself get destroyed when power boost drops.

Dump agility if your going all in on proc damage. Musculature/Intuition for proc builds.

From what i remember @Lineaposted the very first time/dp fender build way back on old original forums that soloed the itf. A proper tanky build if thats what your looking for.

I run with power build up from energy mastery. Hit that and farsight and i jump to mid 50's defence and then a few seconds later it'll drop to mid 40's and i'm only running mid 30's without it. Proc builds like @Boppermakes are extremely endurance heavy and i know chronoshift won't cover you. Are you running ageless? A powerboosted clarion may make up the difference if your after numbers.

@Zect Okay nvm I get what your saying run power boost first before farsight always to boost buff. Makes a hell of a difference

@Meknomancer Now that I fixed how I run powerboost aka derp moment I am running musculature and my end isnt terrible without ageless I run clarion

• Thumbs Up 1

For Suppressive Fire, a 3.5 ppm proc is better than a pure damage IO.

For Executioner's Shot, they're essentially the same.

For Pistols and Bullet Rain, a pure damage IO is about 15% better than a 3.5 ppm proc.

Force Feedback in Hail of Bullets is... meh. The long recharge compared to the duration of Force Feedback means it only adds a negligible amount of total recharge to the build.

Force Feedback in Bullet Rain is a strong choice, though. Force Feedback in Executioner's Shot would average out to approximately 32% recharge over time. Not relevant for closing your single target rotation but potentially very relevant for long recharge powers like Chrono Shift or Hail of Bullets.

In general, your AE powers should prioritize damage/recharge over procs - you'll get a lot more damage that way.

Unsuppressed knockback in Bullet Rain makes my eyes twitch. Minor knockback in a single target power is no big deal. Knockback on an AE? You'll blow nicely clumped spawns apart and make everyone chase them down with single target attacks (including yourself).

At perma-Hasten, Annihilation in Piercing Rounds will average -12.22% resist on a single target. For comparison, Achilles' Heel in Pistols will average -5.29% resist on a single target (presuming you're running your full rotation). While this isn't a direct comparison because you wouldn't ordinarily use Piercing Rounds as part of your rotation, it does bear on what happens when you're trying to purely debuff.

I'm not sure why you took Distortion Field instead of Time Stop. The latter is a far more useful power and can slot the same set.

You might consider running this as a Corruptor rather than a Defender. You'll get an additional purple proc and very little in Time really demands Defender numbers - most of the buffs/debuffs tend to fall into one of three categories: more than enough, don't care and unchanged.

Edited by Hjarki

2 hours ago, Hjarki said:

For Suppressive Fire, a 3.5 ppm proc is better than a pure damage IO.

For Executioner's Shot, they're essentially the same.

For Pistols and Bullet Rain, a pure damage IO is about 15% better than a 3.5 ppm proc.

Force Feedback in Hail of Bullets is... meh. The long recharge compared to the duration of Force Feedback means it only adds a negligible amount of total recharge to the build.

Force Feedback in Bullet Rain is a strong choice, though. Force Feedback in Executioner's Shot would average out to approximately 32% recharge over time. Not relevant for closing your single target rotation but potentially very relevant for long recharge powers like Chrono Shift or Hail of Bullets.

In general, your AE powers should prioritize damage/recharge over procs - you'll get a lot more damage that way.

Unsuppressed knockback in Bullet Rain makes my eyes twitch. Minor knockback in a single target power is no big deal. Knockback on an AE? You'll blow nicely clumped spawns apart and make everyone chase them down with single target attacks (including yourself).

At perma-Hasten, Annihilation in Piercing Rounds will average -12.22% resist on a single target. For comparison, Achilles' Heel in Pistols will average -5.29% resist on a single target (presuming you're running your full rotation). While this isn't a direct comparison because you wouldn't ordinarily use Piercing Rounds as part of your rotation, it does bear on what happens when you're trying to purely debuff.

I'm not sure why you took Distortion Field instead of Time Stop. The latter is a far more useful power and can slot the same set.

You might consider running this as a Corruptor rather than a Defender. You'll get an additional purple proc and very little in Time really demands Defender numbers - most of the buffs/debuffs tend to fall into one of three categories: more than enough, don't care and unchanged.

@HjarkiOkay so this is what iv come up with now including incarnates

Defender (Time Manipulation - Dual Pistols).mbd

20 hours ago, Hjarki said:

Don't need to worry about Unsuppressed knockback in Bullet Rain if you never use standard rounds. There isn't much use to using standard rounds now that piercing rounds does its -res no matter what ammo you're using.

The only time I use standard ammo is when I'm using suppressing fire to stun longbow chasers to make them fall out of the air, because they're basically immune to -fly and holds keep them up in the air. Don't ask why it works, I don't know. Probably has something to do with how the AI interacts with its ability to move while stunned.

5 hours ago, Mayven said:

Don't need to worry about Unsuppressed knockback in Bullet Rain if you never use standard rounds.

I was going through City of Data quickly to do all the proc calculations and just glanced at the knockback to recognize it needed to be suppressed - didn't notice that it was lethal rounds only.

• Pizza (Pepperoni) 1

AE 801 (link) is a variety of missions for fun and challenge, and is designed for a team of 5+ Incarnates.  Just search '801' in AE. 

801 Difficulty Varies: 801.0 Easy, ..., 801.2 Standard, ..., 801.5 Hard, ..., 801.8 Extreme, ..., 801.A Epic, ... 801.F Death.

Angel Hornet (link)   -   Solo 2-Star ASF (link)   -   Solo 2-Star ITF (link)

I may be AFK IRL, But CoH is my Forever Home.