Secondary effect of sapping AVs

So, Archvillains and Giant Monsters have a minimum endurance of 10, and continue to use powers regardless. I've heard this is because it breaks certain scripts, but it means that, for example, Elec Control/Melee/Assault/Manipulation, their secondary effects are ONLY relevant with an Elec Blast character in the party. While I'm all for the Shocked proc coming to other classes, I'd like to make another suggestion that could work in tandem.

Add a power to Archvillains that applies an unresistable scaling Recharge and/or Damage Dealt debuff to them as long as they have below, say, half maximum endurance. (Going on the listed numbers on City of Data, where they have 800 base endurance, make it -1% recharge for every 20 points below 400.)

A minor control effect that makes sapping boss endurance at least a LITTLE useful. Make it feel like you HAD sapped their endurance without being the hard lock it is on non-boss enemies.

• Like 1

Because its ridiculously easy to sap endurance this might make it too strong of a debuff (outside of pvp)

usually when I am in combat and am running low on endurance i try 1 of 2 things

try to get it back (insp, powers, procs)

or run like heck

now there are already a few debuffs that make foes skedaddle (I feel so old)

skedaddle is a soft control because while they are attempting to escape they aren't actively attacking.

majority of folk don't like skedaddle, so I'm not expecting much traction here

another idea is 

much like how when many bosses are on low health they use a T9

when they have very low endurance perhaps they can do an aoe KB (that does no dmg)

to give themselves breathing room

then again there's a large faction that hates KB so......

sigh

I feel like folk want more complex mechanics besides tanknspank but

when its suggested they are like no.

image.png.0c5d8f2914644c7b01b256ce654a15ba.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Its easy to criticize a suggestion but can you suggest an alternative?

It would kind of be interesting if GM and AV damage was, at least in part, based upon how much energy they have - so full end, (or maybe >90%) equals 100% damage, but then it drops accordingly, so sapping their end is a bit more useful for such encounters...

• Like 1

I mean, 54 AVs have 87% end drain/recovery debuff resistance and the purple patch reduces end sapping by another 52%, AND their base endurance is 800 instead of 100... so they're really not that easy to sap. A Defender's Thunderous Blast only drains 0.8% of an AV's endurance bar unenhanced.

Yeah its basically worthless sapping Big Stuff. At least with a Boss, they wont be using big attacks on you. I like biostem's idea. Damage output (or whatever, maybe defence or to hitt scales with current end.