Challenge Bounty Posted: 2 Billion up for grabs. Sentinel spotted!

Koopak

Hey gang, I am pushing to gather data and builds for a new and improved pylon and clear speed sheet. To that effect I am posting regular bounties to encourage competition and push the limit. Thus without further to do.

giphy.gif&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=bab199ed58f5b9d

Bounty Posted!

Prize: 2 billion influence

Task:
Post the best pylon/dummy time of any Sentinel for the month of April. Read the rules and regulations and post your results here: Clear Speed Leaderboards

(posts made in this thread will be processed if they meet the requirements listed.)

Start Date/Time: 00:00 UTC, April 1st 2024 See in your timezone here!
End Date/Time: 00:00 UTC, May 1st 2024 See in your timezone here!
(In the links look in the non bold text with your location in it, if anyone has a better translation method, let me know.)

• Runs on the test server are valid provided they do not make use of any changes currently being tested, or the changes used are promoted to live.

Hint: Use the following:
Bio Armor or Stone Armor
Mace Mastery
Enflame
Unrelenting
Geas + Daggers
Would be awesome to see Sentinels in the same neighborhood as Stalkers & Doms.. (35s-45s)

10 minutes ago, Lazarus said:

DAGGERS and accolades,..is this a damage by any and all means type?

Yes & yes.

1 minute ago, Lazarus said:

and if we are talking bout just a pylon,..FIRE AURA IS gonna be your best bet  "(BURN)"

You should post a submission and show that 🙂 Personally, I've gotten better times with Bio and Stone since Fiery Aura doesn't have Fiery Embrace on Sentinels. But would love to see what kind of DPS it can put out!

So if anyone is curious @Ston's pointers are basically going to get you max damage. Enflame is an aura that, kind of like Shocking Field, is doing damage while you and your pet do whatever. A pet is also doing damage while you do whatever. The Mace pet in particular has the Achilles' Heel proc available, so there's 20% more damage for its duration. Enflame can also proc Annihilation, which is another 12.5%. In his video you'll see him use Inferno to potentially proc Fury of the Gladiator for another 20%. If the stars align, you will be doing a lot of damage very quickly.

At some point, -res kind of gives you less bang for your buck, so you just need more raw damage. You can snag some through various set bonuses. It may or may not also come from Assault Core, it has a 65% chance per attack to go off. In our 1 minute time span it should essentially always be up, bar the ramp up period. More attack will come from Bio Armor. Fire Armor also gives damage, but not as much as Bio and I don't think the nerfed version of Burn will be enough to offset that.

So once we're past those variables, we come down to the Primary sets you use. We don't have to consider damage type since the resists are a flat 20%. So anything is technically viable. I'm currently fiddling with what we'll call a heavily modified version of my spreadsheet that has to throw out averages and assume a lot of "up-time" for buffs and debuffs to give numbers even remotely close to Ston's 48s run there. 

It looks like your rotation is going to have you using Pulverize and Envenomed Daggers basically every other attack, so you're largely just using one of your attacks out of your primary. Pulverize gets a lot of procs and Daggers has a very high DPA on its own and is affected by global damage and recharge bonuses. 

image.thumb.png.27508b3d55a61b3c2358d5aaa0711967.png

That's before and after using Aim.

So assuming very high recharge because we're using just horribly broken builds that are focused to this one task, it's on a very short recharge. Geas alone is giving you 100%, then another 70% from Ageless, and 70% more from Hasten. You have a lot of recharge for 1 minute, and you only need 45s worth. So like I said, 1 single attack from your primary, and your Tier 9, obviously. Because it gets you access to Fury of the Gladiator. But only for certain sets. 

Now we can throw out Archery, AR, BR, Ice, Seismic, Storm and Water because their T9 is a targeted AoE. You may be saying also Electric, but it has the additional pet, so it might have a chance. Also, these sets might be able to pair with Fire Armor because Burn can also get you FotG, I haven't checked. What I have checked is just having FotG anyway. Here's who doesn't hold up assuming Fire is the baseline with the dirtiest math available, using their highest DPA attack.

Archery, AR, BR, Dark, DP, Energy, Psi, Rad, Storm, Water.

So we're left with Electric, Fire, Ice, Seismic and Sonic. This is also assuming Ice and Electric have found a way to get access to the FotG proc. Technically Electric can use Short Circuit, but that's massive drop in damage output from the start with it's 2.5s activation time. So that might not work out. Ice has absolutely no way to reach it without switching to Fire Armor and using Burn. Doing that drops it out of the running. So Fire, Seismic, Sonic are left.

Blaze is massive DPA, Gravestone is apparently enough to keep up (and you can cycle in Stalagmite when it goes off), and the same goes for Screech.

Do with this information what you like. Maybe the quick, dirty math is wrong.

Edited by Underfyre
  • Thanks 1

If just trying to leverage -res. proc. My first thought is to use RAD BLAST.

ELECTRON HAZE alone can slot 2,.. then there are 2 other pbaoes to slot Fotg.

As far as Fotg.. imo burn is just about the best your gonna get. 

bur has a smaller 8' rad. and a decent recharge rate for using in and attack chain.

so maybe a RAD/FIRE built for melee.

Posted (edited)
On 4/5/2024 at 12:06 AM, Underfyre said:

Good news, I found a bug in enflame. It still has a .95 damage scale. I mean, it could be intentional, but I feel like the damage should be closer to the blaster/scrapper version since our multiplier is 1.1 now.

Did you go ahead and report this? double check CoD and  you are 100% correct and that is defonitly just an oversight isnce Enflame has to have its damage scales done manually since its a pseudopet and cant retrieve the caster's damage scalar

https://cod.uberguy.net./html/power.html?power=pets.enflame.enflame&at=minion_pets

Edited by Koopak

Run Type: Pylon 
Archetype: Sentinel
Primary Powerset: Sonic Attacks
Secondary Powerset: Bio Armor
Time in seconds: 38.05 seconds
Hybrid: Assault Core
Number of Runs: About 5? Needed several things to go right.
Version: Issue 27 Page 7 Open Beta

Used: Ageless Core Epiphany, Geas, Offense Amplifier, Defense Amplifier, Survival Amplifier, Envenomed Daggers. Build is wholly unsustainable.

pylon sonic.mbd

Edited by Underfyre
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Primary Powerset: Sonic Blast
Time in seconds: 37
Hybrid: Assault Radial
Number of Runs: 7

Used: Ageless Core Epiphany, Geas, Offense Amplifier, Defense Amplifier, Survival Amplifier, Melee Signature Summon, Pyronic Core, Envenomed Daggers. Build is wholly unsustainable.

pylon sonic.mbd
I have no idea how to embed on this forum, take this

Edited by Videra
  • Thanks 1

On 4/23/2024 at 7:11 PM, Underfyre said:

Primary Powerset: Sonic Attacks
Time in seconds: 38.05 seconds
Hybrid: Assault Core
Number of Runs: About 5? Needed several things to go right.

Used: Ageless Core Epiphany, Geas, Offense Amplifier, Defense Amplifier, Survival Amplifier, Envenomed Daggers. Build is wholly unsustainable.

pylon sonic.mbd 42.11 kB · 12 downloads

Why does your pylon start at 75%.

• Haha 1