Ran a Tank after a long break…

This week I have run Dr Q on my two Blasters that needed the badge.  Both relatively recent additions to the stable.  I looked around and most of the other 50s I had already had it.  But… there was this prime tank from 2019 that did not.  

Now, I do not run many Tanks. I built this as the ultimate.  It is Invulnerability, with a slightly tweaked Hyperstrike build (prob degrading it, but it became mine).  I paired it with Dark Melee.  I believe this to be hand down the toughest heavy melee pairing in the game. Dark has a heal, and an end recovery power.  A hard hitting ST chain with to hit debuffs for the kiddos.  

So I dusted this off.  To my dismay there were three if us Tanks.  I never inspected them.  Not sure what level or powersets they were.  Either by level, powerset, or player neither were particularly useful.  We stormed through.  I took one break at the start of a kill all for about three minutes and the team looked like it was about to implode. One big room of crey at the start of a mission. Two tanks in there.  Sad panda. I rolled in and we rolled on. I can only think the other two tanks were not incarnated.  

It was spectacular how good this was.  Once I got comfortable behind the wheel it was untouchable.  No matter how big the room, what combo of mobs, if I agroed a room full of a hundred looking for a glowie half the time i could get the glowie without eating even a sm purple. Damn things defense is that good.  

Truly a joy to run and a fun break from blasting.  We finished in about 1 hour 50 minutes. It was laughably easy.  The only issue i see in running it regularly is a lot of people play Tanks and Brutes.  Unfortunately most if them are like the other two tanks on that Q in my opinion. Not ready for prime time.  

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Snarky said:

This week I have run Dr Q on my two Blasters that needed the badge.  Both relatively recent additions to the stable.  I looked around and most of the other 50s I had already had it.  But… there was this prime tank from 2019 that did not.  

Now, I do not run many Tanks. I built this as the ultimate.  It is Invulnerability, with a slightly tweaked Hyperstrike build (prob degrading it, but it became mine).  I paired it with Dark Melee.  I believe this to be hand down the toughest heavy melee pairing in the game. Dark has a heal, and an end recovery power.  A hard hitting ST chain with to hit debuffs for the kiddos.  

So I dusted this off.  To my dismay there were three if us Tanks.  I never inspected them.  Not sure what level or powersets they were.  Either by level, powerset, or player neither were particularly useful.  We stormed through.  I took one break at the start of a kill all for about three minutes and the team looked like it was about to implode. One big room of crey at the start of a mission. Two tanks in there.  Sad panda. I rolled in and we rolled on. I can only think the other two tanks were not incarnated.  

It was spectacular how good this was.  Once I got comfortable behind the wheel it was untouchable.  No matter how big the room, what combo of mobs, if I agroed a room full of a hundred looking for a glowie half the time i could get the glowie without eating even a sm purple. Damn things defense is that good.  

Truly a joy to run and a fun break from blasting.  We finished in about 1 hour 50 minutes. It was laughably easy.  The only issue i see in running it regularly is a lot of people play Tanks and Brutes.  Unfortunately most if them are like the other two tanks on that Q in my opinion. Not ready for prime time.  

Try the Stone/Fire in my signature, Snarky-kins. If nothing else as a side project. Gimme unbiased opinions too!

• Thumbs Up 1

I was the person who formed this last night, and yeah I can say Snarky you were solid in the tanking role last night.

It started a bit rough but once the groove was in it was a blast. While the composition was a little different than standard team building, I always go with a flow, as the team should be able to meld together.

• Thanks 1

Psicy Chill - Ice/Psi/Psi | Sive Ni Brielan - Plant/Earth/Fire | Elemental Elder Lord - Earth/Fire/Fire | Selinia Baneheart - Dark/Therm/Fire | Mylia Stenetch - Necro/Dark/Soul | Radiated Shot - Rad/Arch/Mace | Nameless Witch - Storm/Water/Mu | Phantom Racer - Fire/Cold/Scorp | Neera Darkspar - Beam/Temp/Soul | Neera Etra - Dark/SR | Shieldbreaker - Elec/Shield/Mu | Frozen Tombstress Ice/Rad/Ice | Subliminal Darkness - Psi/Dark/Psi | Mirana Darkblade - Katana/Regen/Soul | Máistir Fiach - SoA Huntmaster | Night Reaver - SoA Widow | Sweet Senpai - SoA Bane