The Officially Unofficial Weekly Discussion #73: Do you log on with a plan?

Depends a bit on my mood, but usually one of the following:

- Working on Incarnates for one of my 50s 

- Levelling a toon to 50 

- Working on a new concept

When I am online, I may then jump to another alt to do a TF or other team-up that comes up in the LFG channel.

• Like 1

Torchbearer: Flitz (MA/SR Scrapper), Lead Hose (AR/Dev Blaster), Red Rag (Fire/Fire Brute) ... and many more!

On 4/5/2024 at 11:13 AM, DougGraves said:

With 1,000 character slots and tons of content - do you log on with a plan?

Yes.

However, I do rarely log into a character by mistake.

Do you log on knowing which character you will play and what you will do?

Not usually.

I will usually look through the servers and characters and figure out which one to log in at that point.

Do you just see what is going on and join in?

I have a couple of modes once logged in.

1) Just deal with what I need to deal with on that character and then switch to another one.

2) Work on stuff for a character and watch the /lfg (maybe switch up characters to fit the level of the content better)

3) Work on stuff for a character and then see what level characters are on and figure if there are enough to recruit for something within a level range. If so, (maybe switch up) and start recruiting for that level range.

4) Log on to a character on a server that I usually play on a couple nights a week. Meet up with a couple of friends and figure out what we group of characters we will be playing that night. Switch up with need be. In this situation, generally, there won't be any other players involved.

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

7 hours ago, UltraAlt said:

However, I do rarely log into a character by mistake.

Me neither. Though my play of said character once I am logged in might indicate otherwise. 🙂 

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.