ST Attack Chain Optimization Ars/Ars

Rambolazer

Hey all! Looking for some help from all you math wizards. Arsenal/Arsenal Dominator, influence is no object so this is a purely go as big as possible ask.

I'm looking for help on how to absolutely MAX ST DPS of my sets. The best attack chain I've been able to come up with Has been Buttstroke, Elbow Strike, Buttstroke, Snipe and mixing in Poisonous ray for the -Res debuff with Achilles' Heel Proc every ~10 seconds. Build up proc in Snipe.

I'd absolutely love someone to help me calculate the best ST attack chain for this build. Does it include Power up, or is it best to just keep attacking? How much total recharge does each power need etc.

Few additional notes:

-I know the DPA from ignite is very high, but it's hard to keep any mob in it, even AV's run out of it.

-Poisonous Ray seems to boost snipe's damage to almost 900 sometimes, but is it better to run without poisonous ray and just stick to the faster attacks? Or is the debuff to damage resistance enough to justify throwing it in every 10 seconds or so?

Back on live I would spend a ton of time on the scrapper forums and watch them all calculate maximum ST DPS chains, please help me 🙂

Also, only Attack Chain expert's name on the scrapper forums I can remember is @Werner and if you're still around these forums, please help my dominator out. Your Youtube videos of you soloing AV's are a huge reason I fell in love with this game.

Hi Rambolazer, do you have a build you're using?  Your best attack chain will depend heavily on that.

You appear to have the main idea down: press your highest available DPA power.  Optimizing stuff like Power Up and poison ray are a little trickier.  For example:

• Power Up is a 34% damage enhancement for 10 seconds with an activation time of 1.17
  • It does not affect proc damage
  • It's worth pushing for extra damage if:
    • Your powers are recharging and you have an open 1.17 seconds (likely not the case)
    • The damage you gain to the powers you could fire off in the 10s window is greater than firing off another buttstroke or elbow strike (I suspect this won't be true)

Poison Ray is probably great to use on cooldown as it lasts 30s and it also will increase your proc damage.  Though, be aware that its value is severely limited if you're fighting +4 enemies as its duration AND -Res amount are reduced by more than half.  You'd have to math it out to be certain it's better than an extra buttstroke & elbow strike in that case.

On 4/7/2024 at 12:40 AM, Rambolazer said:

Hey all! Looking for some help from all you math wizards. Arsenal/Arsenal Dominator, influence is no object so this is a purely go as big as possible ask.

I'm looking for help on how to absolutely MAX ST DPS of my sets. The best attack chain I've been able to come up with Has been Buttstroke, Elbow Strike, Buttstroke, Snipe and mixing in Poisonous ray for the -Res debuff with Achilles' Heel Proc every ~10 seconds. Build up proc in Snipe.

I'd absolutely love someone to help me calculate the best ST attack chain for this build. Does it include Power up, or is it best to just keep attacking? How much total recharge does each power need etc.

Few additional notes:

-I know the DPA from ignite is very high, but it's hard to keep any mob in it, even AV's run out of it.

-Poisonous Ray seems to boost snipe's damage to almost 900 sometimes, but is it better to run without poisonous ray and just stick to the faster attacks? Or is the debuff to damage resistance enough to justify throwing it in every 10 seconds or so?

Back on live I would spend a ton of time on the scrapper forums and watch them all calculate maximum ST DPS chains, please help me 🙂

Also, only Attack Chain expert's name on the scrapper forums I can remember is @Werner and if you're still around these forums, please help my dominator out. Your Youtube videos of you soloing AV's are a huge reason I fell in love with this game.

If your sole interest is dps check out the pylon/trapdoor threads or :