and rarely does damage

I'm aware it supposed to do minor damage

but other powers that do minor damage at least do so reliably

even when it knocks down and disorients it does no damage regularly

what's going on with this power?

is the damage component a proc?

should I not slot for damage?

Is this ability working as intended?

find out on the next episode of dragon ball z!

Its easy to criticize a suggestion but can you suggest an alternative?

Looking at City of Data... Fault is weird....

I'm looking at the Scrapper version, and Fault executes two different versions. The 1st version, Stone Melee.Fault Scrapper, does no damage, has a guaranteed KD effect, and a guaranteed Mag 2 Stun effect for 2 seconds. The 2nd version, Stone Melee.Fault Cone Scrapper, has a 100% chance of doing damage with a 5% chance of doing a little more damage to low tier mobs, but lacks the KD and Stun effects. So... I guess report this as a bug that you aren't getting the damage component applied as well?

It's not a bug, but it is a very weird power. As Rudra said, it has two components - the first is a knockdown and a chance to stun, and the second is damage.

But they also have different ranges. The knockdown component is a targeted AoE with a 20 foot range and a 15 foot radius, but the damage component is a 55 degree cone with a 20 foot range.

If you're executing the power at max range (20 feet) from your target, who is standing in a cluster of enemies, they will likely all be affected by the knockdown portion. The damage portion won't affect anyone farther than the initial target, because they'll be outside the cone portion.

Edit to add: And if you use the power on an enemy in melee range with you, flanked by other enemies in melee range with you, it can be easy to miss the enemies to the sides of your target with the damage portion because the cone is very narrow at close ranges. The knockdown portion will still hit all enemies in melee range with you because the targeted AoE will just hit everyone within 15 feet of your target.

Edited by Fade
  • Thanks 2

Fault was always an AoE knockdown with a low-magnitude stun. It's great mitigation for defense sets that don't have innate +Def, like Electric Armor (Stone Melee + Electric Armor is really strong).

The damage is new, and as far as I can tell applies to the projectile traveling along the ground not to the AoE radius. It basically does damage in a line between you and the AoE knockdown's final position.

Try Dominator Earth Assault. It duplicates almost the entire Stone Melee set, swapping Stone Spears for Stone Fist, Mud Pots for Taunt and Fissure for Fault. Fissure has ranged AoE damage that matches the KD/stun.

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

People are mostly right about Fault but the patch notes when Stone Melee got buffed to into more detail.  First off, Fault is a CONTROL POWER in an attack set, not an attack.  The fact that Fault does any damage at all, and that the control wasn't nerfed, is a huge buff.

With that out of the way: 2 parts!

Part 1:  The CC Targeted AoE part of the power procs well on and around the target, so Explosive Strike proc is good in Fault.  However, it only procs in the area of the Targeted AoE, and not in the area of the damaging cone.  This is the reliable part of the power, and it's for reducing incoming damage.

Part 2: The Cone damage part of the power is a child power with different stats including an artificially lower CD, explicitly to nerf proc chances.  Damage set procs "malfunction" in Fault relative to its real CD, and this makes them underperform: not worth slotting.  The patch notes said that the range of the cone was also variable and based on your distance to the target.  I've personally never been able to hit enemies "behind" my main target with the Cone damage of Fault, implying that they got this system to work.  This means you have to target the furthest enemy and then move yourself into position before using Fault, if you want to get that Cone damage.

Choose your weapon:  Okay, I choose words.

I do not believe the false notion that "your ignorance is just as good as my knowledge."

On 4/11/2024 at 7:23 PM, Saiyajinzoningen said:

So lately I have been messing around with stone melee cause

Why not I've tried nearly everything else at this point, anyway

I'm trying to understand the power Fault

here's what I've noticed.

it reliably does KD

occasionally disorients

and rarely does damage

I'm aware it supposed to do minor damage

but other powers that do minor damage at least do so reliably

even when it knocks down and disorients it does no damage regularly

what's going on with this power?

is the damage component a proc?

should I not slot for damage?

Is this ability working as intended?

find out on the next episode of dragon ball z!

<Neo>  Whoa....  </Neo>

Last thing I expected was free-form verse.

Feels like I'm in a small night-club.  Let's get into the mood....  Cosmic, man!  😸

A rather complex power.  Thanks for the explanations, everyone!

• Haha 1