Eden Trial

What is the current strategy for Eden trials, regular and master?

I have looked through posts on changes to Titan, modified effectiveness of Ambrosia, and complaints and suggestions.  It has left me a bit confused 

If you designate one Tanker or Brute on the team to be the one to hold aggro, they're the only person that actually needs Ambrosia (usually only two or three).  They can flip the Titan to face away from the team, and can optionally hover to also prevent its footstomp from being used.  Everyone else can just kill it in its back/ankles and then rush the four objects in the back before people start dying to cascading defense failures that come from all the ambushes that activated as the Titan was taking damage.

The person holding the Titan's aggro should probably also bring green inspirations, as Ambrosias alone may not be enough depending on powersets and the team's damage.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Veracor - Veracor, Bio/TW Tanker on Everlasting.

Everlasting raid leader, Hamidon main tank, iTrial main tank -- hit me up if you have questions!

52 minutes ago, Snarky said:

What is the current strategy for Eden trials, regular and master?

I have looked through posts on changes to Titan, modified effectiveness of Ambrosia, and complaints and suggestions.  It has left me a bit confused 

i confuse the titan on my mind dom, no ambrosia needed - handy

the other approach as Veracor says is to have a few key people pop some ambrosia and thrash through it all - some heals for the titan are useful. can complete the trial in around 5 minutes with a good team

• Like 1

I dusted off an ice Blaster, respecced it and started doing a few things.  

I was surprised to find he has regularly put solid holds on multiple AVs in SBB and Market Crash.  (Running Ice/Ice/Soul). So 3 ST holds with i think 2 hold procs in the build as well.  ( i was shocked!) I ask because you mentioned confuse.  Is it possible to stack mags and just hold the titan?  Maybe with a dom and a blaster built like mine?  

1 hour ago, Snarky said:

I was surprised to find he has regularly put solid holds on multiple AVs in SBB and Market Crash.  (Running Ice/Ice/Soul). So 3 ST holds with i think 2 hold procs in the build as well.  ( i was shocked!) I ask because you mentioned confuse.  Is it possible to stack mags and just hold the titan?  Maybe with a dom and a blaster built like mine?  

Do you add the +2 Mag proc to your holds?

The Ghost Slaying Axe. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherspectre in the room, accept no substitutes.

4 hours ago, Snarky said:

Should be, he dosen't have any special hold protection from what I can recall. The only hitch is surviving long enough to stack it (his attacks are auto hit, and hit hard even through ambrosia on squishies - even moreso on master runs). You'll also have the ambush waves to contemd with unless you hover up high.

For what it's worth , I do the confuse trick as well with my Dom (Illu/Psi). Can stack without aggroing him at all, and as a side bonus he clears the ambushes for you too. 

Edited by VertigoIguana
  • Thanks 1

Excelsior

ExAstris - Arachnos Widow

Pulp Noir - Illusion/Psy Assault

Perspective - Illusion/TA

Madame Elena - Rad/Bio (Scrapper)

The Crystal Titan has 2 attacks. Prism Blast is cone attack with a 310 ft range that does a mix of energy and unique damage. Foot Stomp is a 30 ft radius PBAoE that does a mix of smashing and unique damage. The unique damage is autohit, while the energy and smashing components require a tohit check. The Titan has a 100% tohit buff, so those attacks don't miss often and purples aren't going to protect you. Ambrosia provides 75% resistance to the unique damage (65% in Master of Eden mode). You want oranges or resist armor to protect you from the En/Sm damage. It's slower but safer to clear the pool room and save the 4 heroes before attacking the Titan.

https://cod.uberguy.net/html/entity.html?entity=devouringearth_eden_trial_giant_crystal_titan

https://cod.uberguy.net/html/power.html?power=inspirations.special.ambrosia

• Thanks 1

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

4 hours ago, Scarlet Shocker said:

Do you add the +2 Mag proc to your holds?

In. Souul Mastery Soul Storm I have Lockdown, chance for +2 hold proc. I also have Devastation, chance of hold (mag 2) in Ice Manipulation Chilblain.  When I switch into the 3 holds and immob attack chain I am finding even a lot of AVs get held.  

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, VertigoIguana said:

Should be, he dosen't have any special hold protection from what I can recall. The only hitch is surviving long enough to stack it (his attacks are auto hit, and hit hard even through ambrosia on squishies - even moreso on master runs). You'll also have the ambush waves to contemd with unless you hover up high.

For what it's worth , I do the confuse trick as well with my Dom (Illu/Psi). Can stack without aggroing him at all, and as a side bonus he clears the ambushes for you too. 

I have fly on 99% time.  The build also has +65% range.  This gives Freeze Ray and Chilblain 99ft range, and Bitter Freeze Ray and Soul Storm 132 ft range.  It is a very relaxed playstyle lol. 

As far as holding him goes, the titan has the same kind of purple triangle protection that most regular AVs have. They just are not visible on him. So part of the time he's as vulnerable as a boss, but most of the time he has 50 more protection.

• Thanks 1

From Champion (Hero) and Infinity (Villain), currently playing on Everlasting.

Former member of the Hammers of Justice on Champion.

Raid leader for 'Everlasting TFs'.

Mains: Trickery Girl (Ill/Rad Controller), Burk (Sword/Shield Stalker), and 6 other complete badge characters.