Fulcrum Shift Mechanics?

AngeliKale7

So, according to the tooltip of Fulcrum Shift, it buffs allies near the affected targets, the caster, and allies near the caster. However, after some testing, it seems only the base DMG bonus is radiated from the caster, and the stacking DMG bonus based on targets is only radiated from the targets.

Ex: (Testing on groups of 7 targets)

-Casting from max distance-

1x +50% DMG Bonus

-Casting adjacent to targets-

1x +50% DMG Bonus

7x +25% DMG Bonus

Is this how the power is supposed to work? If so, then it seems to benefit melee far more than ranged.

Yes, Fulcrum Shift is target-centric, so it helps anyone in melee range better of the target. Siphon Power helps ranged since it's caster-centric. Siphon power with a a recharge and siphon speed means I can have 3 stacks on my character and anyone near me.

FS has 3 area of affect circles.

#1 Debuff radius around target. Each target gets a moderate debuff (I forget if there is a to-hit) and the total targets is counted.

#2 BUFF in same area as #1 debuff a stacking buff based on the total number of targets debuffed.

#3 BUFF in a radius around the caster. Otherwise same as #2.

*IF* you are close enough to the target to overlap the two buff zones they stack. I used to do this on LIVE with Fire Imps and they would get really mean.

I really need to level up my replacement Fire/Kin. Well past level 4 that is.

So many characters.... So little time...

** Asus TUF x670E Gaming, Ryzen 7950x, AIO Corsair H150i Elite, TridentZ 192GB DDR5 6400, Sapphire 7900XTX, 48" 4K Samsung 3d & 56" 4k UHD, NVME Sabrent Rocket 2TB, MP600 Pro 8tb, MP700 2 TB. HDD Seagate 12TB **

** Corsair Voyager a1600 **

• 4 years later
On 6/24/2019 at 7:00 PM, Zep said:

FS has 3 area of affect circles.

#1 Debuff radius around target. Each target gets a moderate debuff (I forget if there is a to-hit) and the total targets is counted.

#2 BUFF in same area as #1 debuff a stacking buff based on the total number of targets debuffed.

*IF* you are close enough to the target to overlap the two buff zones they stack. I used to do this on LIVE with Fire Imps and they would get really mean.

I really need to level up my replacement Fire/Kin. Well past level 4 that is.

So many characters.... So little time...

Sorry for the thread necro, but searches reveal so much conflicting information. Is what's listed above (still) accurate, and are the buffs the same per target whether you are near the kinetic using the ability or near the kinetic's target(s)?

For instance, if the kinetic hits 5 grouped foes from a distance with FS, do the people near the target and the people near the kinetic get the same bonus to damage?

Also, definitively, does FS need Accuracy? It takes Accuracy enhancements but Mid's doesn't list a base accuracy for the ability.

Edited by Story Archer

Yes

2 hours ago, Story Archer said:

Is what's listed above (still) accurate, and are the buffs the same per target whether you are near the kinetic using the ability or near the kinetic's target(s)?

Zep's post is still accurate. 

In short:
Target a mob. Activate Fulcrum Shift.
#1: The target and any other enemies near them get their damage debuffed.
#2: Any players (or friendly units like pets) close enough to the debuffed enemies get a damage buff; which INCREASES DRASTICALLY depending on how many enemies were debuffed.
#3: Any players (or friendly units like pets) close enough to the player that activated Fulcrum shift also get a SEPERATE damage buff; this one is constant regardless of how many enemies were hit.

So if the person casting Fulcrum shift and the target(s) hit are close enough together, then it's possble to get your damage buffed twice by same same Fulcrum Shift activation.
However if the person casting Fulcrum Shift is hanging too far back, then the best place to stand depends on how many foes get debuffed. With 1 foe, stand near the caster. With 3 foes, stand near the target. Two foes is dead even.

Also, definitively, does FS need Accuracy?

Yes, it definitely needs accuracy slotted.

See here for defender Kinetic numbers; and note the three components at play here: the DEBUFF OF THE TARGET (not autohit; accuracy modifier of 1.00 so no special bonuses), the BUFF AROUND THE TARGET (autohit) and the BUFF AROUND THE CASTER (autohit)

Edited by Maelwys
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Maelwys said:

Yes

Zep's post is still accurate. 

In short:
Target a mob. Activate Fulcrum Shift.
#1: The target and any other enemies near them get their damage debuffed.
#2: Any players (or friendly units like pets) close enough to the debuffed enemies get a damage buff; which INCREASES DRASTICALLY depending on how many enemies were debuffed.
#3: Any players (or friendly units like pets) close enough to the player that activated Fulcrum shift also get a SEPERATE damage buff; this one is constant regardless of how many enemies were hit.

So if the person casting Fulcrum shift and the target(s) hit are close enough together, then it's possble to get your damage buffed twice by same same Fulcrum Shift activation.
However if the person casting Fulcrum Shift is hanging too far back, then the best place to stand depends on how many foes get debuffed. With 1 foe, stand near the caster. With 3 foes, stand near the target. Two foes is dead even.

Yyes, it definitely needs accuracy slotted.

See https://cod.uberguy.net./html/power.html?power=defender_buff.kinetics.kinetic_transfer&at=defender for defender Kinetic numbers; and note the three components at play here: the DEBUFF OF THE TARGET (not autohit; accuracy modifier of 1.00 so no special bonuses), the BUFF AROUND THE TARGET (autohit) and the BUFF AROUND THE CASTER (autohit)

Except that's not exactly what Zep says...

So it is NOT accurate to say that the buff received by those around the Kin and those around the Kin's targets are the same, correct? The way you're explaining it, it sounds like those around the Kin are receiving one static buff regardless of the number of foes hit with FS (50%?) while those around the target receive a variable buff based on ow many foes were hit (25% per foe?), all with the understanding that proximity can allow for both buffs to overlap... if those numbers are correct, that means a Kin standing right next to a single target would receive a 75% damage buff (50% + 25% x1), yes? I appreciate the response, I'm just trying to make it make sense.

I find it interesting that those standing near the Kin are buffed for 45s while those standing near the target are buffed for 30s... I wonder why the discrepancy.

Edited by Story Archer

2 hours ago, Story Archer said:

The way you're explaining it, it sounds like those around the Kin are receiving one static buff regardless of the number of foes hit with FS (50%?) while those around the target receive a variable buff based on ow many foes were hit (25% per foe?), all with the understanding that proximity can allow for both buffs to overlap... if those numbers are correct, that means a Kin standing right next to a single target would receive a 75% damage buff (50% + 25% x1), yes?

Correct.

Valuewise, Defender modifiers for the buffs/debuffs are higher than Controller, Corruptor, Mastermind, etc. but otherwise the same behaviour and ratios apply.

Also; buffs/debuffs from later castings of Fulcrum Shift will stack with those of previous castings.
So a Kin with decent +recharge% can still get their team to the damage cap in a target-poor environment via multiple Fulcrum Shift casts (although Siphon Power helps too!)

Edited by Maelwys
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Since Fulcrum Shift does not accept sets, you have limited but still very powerful options for slotting it.

Two 50+5 accuracies and two 50+5 recharge IO's will get you far enough.

You could also mix in, or entirely use D-Sync Provocation special enhancements, but bring your (in-game) wallet. Those individually buff Accuracy, Recharge, and Threat. Threat won't do anything for Fulcrum Shift, but Accuracy and Recharge sure do.

• Like 1