Alpha impacting lores?

My character is an ice/cold corruptor. I really like ice. Cold..parts of it are good, heat loss is...disappointing so far. A bit underwhelming, but it's not got more than the token slot. Anyway, while looking for build ideas, I did a search, and found folks who were looking for info, folks who were giving info. 

Without necro-ing a thread..is that a word? Necroing? Anyway, the post was from 2019. Some time ago. One of the folks trying to be helpful suggested Musculature over Agility because (paraphrased) Musculature will help your damage, and that of your lore pets. 

This doesn't make sense to me. Alpha is an extra enhancement, right? for every power that would take that enhancement. Lore pets don't have slots, other than the incarnate slot that IS the lore pet. So how can this be true? Or is the helper needing help? 

I'm guessing it was just a misunderstanding about alpha, but I could be the one misunderstanding. So, here I am, asking. 

1 hour ago, Xaddy said:

My character is an ice/cold corruptor. I really like ice. Cold..parts of it are good, heat loss is...disappointing so far. A bit underwhelming, but it's not got more than the token slot. Anyway, while looking for build ideas, I did a search, and found folks who were looking for info, folks who were giving info. 

Without necro-ing a thread..is that a word? Necroing? Anyway, the post was from 2019. Some time ago. One of the folks trying to be helpful suggested Musculature over Agility because (paraphrased) Musculature will help your damage, and that of your lore pets. 

This doesn't make sense to me. Alpha is an extra enhancement, right? for every power that would take that enhancement. Lore pets don't have slots, other than the incarnate slot that IS the lore pet. So how can this be true? Or is the helper needing help? 

I'm guessing it was just a misunderstanding about alpha, but I could be the one misunderstanding. So, here I am, asking. 

The Alpha Incarnate slot allows a player to basically slotted enhancement which for the most part bypasses the effects of Enhancement Diversification (diminishing returns basically). However, with Alpha Agility and (another Alpha I'm forgetting), it provides global slotted Recharge which decreases proc rates. 

You can see in the pet window when you summon a Lore pet it inherents the casters Incarnate Alpha and Interface effects.

Edited by Glacier Peak

17 minutes ago, Glacier Peak said:

You can see in the pet window when you summon a Lore pet it inherents the casters Incarnate Alpha and Interface effects.

Okay, my mind is blown. Who even looks at that, other than maybe the health of their pet? Well, I'm glad I asked! Thanks! 

20 minutes ago, Glacier Peak said:

However, with Alpha Agility and (another Alpha I'm forgetting), it provides global Recharge which decreases proc rates. 

The recharge provided by Agility and Spiritual is not global, it counts as slotted recharge (which reduces proc rates). Global recharge is stuff like Hasten and Luck of the Gambler. 

• Thanks 1

Closed Beta Discord Invite: https://discord.gg/DptUBzh

image.png.07ef468b41c4325d8404355f21ed96c3.png   

This stuff to the right - I just can't click that arrow to see it, as the buffs that are usually in play on any given league are such that they would stretch all the way across the screen. 

I am a horrible buffer because even on the team window, I can't stand having that stuff all over the screen, so I never look at it. It's just too obtrusive. 

I do appreciate the lesson, though! 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 4/20/2024 at 4:33 PM, Xaddy said:

This stuff to the right - I just can't click that arrow to see it, as the buffs that are usually in play on any given league are such that they would stretch all the way across the screen. 

You need to change your buffsettings values -- you can change what icons get displayed for the status and group windows. See the forum thread:

For myself, I have a little spreadsheet that allows me to tag the buffsettings value to customize my buff icons display; I normally use the command

/optionset buffsettings 1316112

This value sets the following flags: Status bar numeric stacking, group window hide autopowers, group window no blinking, group window numeric stacking, pet window no blinking, and pet window numeric stacking. This cleans up the buff icon rows for teams significantly -- I used to see some characters whose buff icon row ran halfway across my screen from all of the stacked P2W and augmentation station buffs they were running, and with the '1316112' buffsettings value, the vast majority of them went away. Of course, with the 'no blinking' flag for the group window, if you're relying on the icons blinking to know when to reapply buffs, you'll want to use '1315068' instead of '1316112' to retain blinking icons in the group window.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Xaddy said:

Exploding Head Joypixels Sticker - Exploding Head Joypixels Mind Blown Stickers

Mind is blown. How does such a dated game come up with this stuff? 

Thank you very much - will try it out now! 

Foresight

Forward planning

Innovation

The Ghost Slaying Axe. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherspectre in the room, accept no substitutes.

Pretty sure alpha can also boost destiny powers, or can in at least one case I remember.  That being alpha vigor seemed to impact destiny rebirth's regen rate last time I tried it.  It is just not many people take that combo (one of my super reflexes characters was the one who tried it and it worked pretty well).