Force Field Aura

16 minutes ago, Player2 said:

So are you asking for alternate animation/effects for all the existing powersets because you want something else?  I think the most effort this deserves might be to add the force field bubble as a costume option under the tier 3 Prismatic Aether effects.  No need to tie it into any of the power sets.  But still, I think that would cause confusion for people who actually play force field and because it could be confuse them as to whether or not its time to reapply buffs... so still, I think it's a poor idea and give it a continued thumbs down.

Just play the effects you have available and pretend they are a force field... anything can be a force field; it doesn't have to look a specific way.

45 minutes ago, Rudra said:

It is a costume option

22 hours ago, Rudra said:

So maybe get a version of that ported into a selectable aura for character costumes?

I am asking for a costume option. Not alternate animations for any powers or power sets.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Player2 said:

This thread has been a discussion about what would look good as force field looking auras on brutes and tankers. 

On 4/23/2024 at 2:39 PM, Rudra said:

Anyway, I was looking through the auras already available to see what works as a force field for Tankers, Brutes, or whatever that want their defense to be force field like.

52 minutes ago, Rudra said:

It isn't an AT option I am asking for. It is a costume option that any AT regardless of powers can choose to take for their character concept.

Edited by Rudra
Edited to highlight parts of quotes.
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

9 minutes ago, Rudra said:

a bunch of stuff

Well, like I said, this could be done as a tier 3 BenevoLabs hologram effect... which might be the only way I would reluctantly support it.  I mean, if we're going to start adding power effects to costume auras, why start with force field?  Why not everything else first?  Why any powers at all as a costume aura when there are plenty of other non-costume effects in the game that could be added as auras instead?

18 minutes ago, Saiyajinzoningen said:

ok

so.............

which force field do you like best?

For costume options?  Atomic aura... maybe Runes or Victorian.

Glowing aura would also work.  No need to add power effects to auras when what's available will work.

2 minutes ago, Player2 said:

Well, like I said, this could be done as a tier 3 BenevoLabs hologram effect

BenevoLabs holograms and power/aura choices are not available to starting characters. Neither are incarnate powers or epic/patron pools. That is why I am asking for a costume aura option, so that characters that have a force field like field around them for any reason can have it at start.

5 minutes ago, Player2 said:

I mean, if we're going to start adding power effects to costume auras, why start with force field?  Why not everything else first?  Why any powers at all as a costume aura when there are plenty of other non-costume effects in the game that could be added as auras instead?

I am not asking for any powers or power effects to be added to costume auras. I am asking for a costume aura that looks like a force field, preferably derived from the Victorian Decor aura so it follows the character's form, for any character that for any reason/concept has a visible field around them that can look like a force field. That's it. A strictly visual costume element to provide options for characters that may possess a force field like field around them for any reason. No defense values. No stealth values. No mechanics of any kind. Just an aura that players can have on their characters.

Frankly, most, if not all, of the toggle power FX should be made available as aura options to players.  Since players can change the color of their powers, with many such toggles also having a "No FX" option, any notion that power FX should be plainly visible and/or restricted to specific powers, has gone right out the window...

• Like 2

I will say, though - that along with this, there should be an option to suppress other players' auras, (only from your perspective, not for them or others that want to see said auras, of course) - especially since some path auras as extremely intrusive...

Edited by biostem
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

ooooh i forgot about runes @Player2 great idea!

2 hours ago, biostem said:

I will say, though - that along with this, there should be an option to suppress other players' auras, (only from your perspective, not for them or others that want to see said auras, of course) - especially since some path auras as extremely intrusive...

would it be possible to still see their full costume glory when/if you click on their character?

Its easy to criticize a suggestion but can you suggest an alternative?

1 minute ago, Saiyajinzoningen said:

would it be possible to still see their full costume glory when/if you click on their character?

I would imagine that it'd depend upon how such "suppression" was implemented;  If it just disabled costume/power FX/auras on other players, then it would/should only disable those.  I guess, in a broader sense, it'd depend upon how much of that "glory" you attributed to said aura(s)...

2 hours ago, biostem said:

If I build a costume around a theme that involves auras from costume, powers, and/or other effects... then I want all players to see it in its maximum glory.  I think there should be a player option to force other players to only view it as presented.

• Confused 1

I would be in favor of creating an entirely new aura from existing resources.  Specifically, take the tarot cards aura and replace the cards with the Shield -> Elemental -> Energy choice so that it looks like you're surrounded by a bunch of little force barriers that are supposed to be constantly moving to block incoming damage.  Also make teeny-tiny energy shields over the eyes as a Body and Eyes option or just Eyes so it looks like you have energy googles on.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1