Arsenal Mastery

I thought it would be nice to have some Arsenal Mastery Ancillary Power Pools for ATs that are already using rifles for players that want to keep with a theme. The following are my suggestions (not in the order that they might best be used):
Controller

• Arsenal Mastery
    • Body Armor    Auto: Self +Res(Smash, Lethal)
    • Burst    Ranged, Moderate DoT(Lethal), Foe -DEF
    • Buckshot    Ranged (Cone), Moderate DMG(Lethal), Foe Knockback
    • Surveillance    Ranged, Foe -Res(All), -DEF(All)
    • Elbow Strike    Melee, Extreme DMG(Smash), Foe Knockback

Corruptor

• Arsenal Mastery
    • Cryo Freeze Ray    Ranged, Moderate DMG(Cold), Foe Hold, -SPD, -Recharge, -Fly
    • Liquid Nitrogen    Ranged (Location AoE), DoT(Cold), Foe Knockdown, -SPD, -Jump
    • Smoke Canister   Ranged (Location AoE), Foe Confuse, -Perception, -ToHit
    • Targeting Drone    Toggle: Self +ToHit, +Perception, +Res(DeBuff ToHit)

Defender

• Arsenal Mastery
    • Cryo Freeze Ray    Ranged, Moderate DMG(Cold), Foe Hold, -SPD, -Recharge, -Fly
    • Liquid Nitrogen    Ranged (Location AoE), DoT(Cold), Foe Knockdown, -SPD, -Jump
    • Smoke Canister    Ranged (Location AoE), Foe Confuse, -Perception, -ToHit
    • Targeting Drone    Toggle: Self +ToHit, +Perception, +Res(DeBuff ToHit)

Dominator

• Arsenal Mastery
    • M30 Grenade    Ranged (Targeted AoE), Moderate DMG(Lethal/Smash), Foe Knockback
    • Force Field Generator        Place Drone: PBAoE, Team +DEF, +Res(Disorient, Hold, Immob)
    • Surveillance    Ranged, Foe -Res(All), -DEF(All)
    • Serum    Self Heal, +Max HP

Sentinel

• Arsenal Mastery
    • Wide Area Web Grenade    Ranged (Targeted AoE), Foe Immob, -Rech, -Fly
    • Web Cocoon    Ranged, Foe Hold, -Recharge, -Fly, -Jump, Slow
    • Coordinated Targeting        Toggle: Team +To Hit, +ACC, +Perception, Res(DeBuff To Hit)
    • Bayonet    Melee, Moderate DMG(Lethal), DoT(Lethal)
    • Venom Grenade   Ranged (Targeted AoE), Moderate DoT(Toxic), Foe -Res(All)

That Is all I have to say about that. 

v/r
BG

Edited by BrokenGods
  • Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

IIRC the biggest reason Wide Area Web Grenade didn't wind up in Arsenal Control was to keep it unique to Soldiers of Arachnos, I'd bet the same would apply to Venom Grenade. Cool ideas, though, and I'd love more APPs in general.

I think a couple of these powers might be a little strong for their selected AT.  Notably Defender and Corrupter getting Smoke Canister and Liquid Nitrogen with their buff values would be a little excessive, even with increased End cost and recharge.  I get you're giving controls to ATs that don't have them but those two might be overkill.  There's also a few other choices I would tweak.  My suggestions for different powers:

Controller

- Swap Surveillance with Serum; Controllers have buff/debuffs already, they might benefit more from a self-buff.

Corrupter/Defender

- Replace Liquid Nitrogen with Sleep Grenade (Blaster).  This gives them an easy AoE control that doesn't heavily debuff.  Since it's the one from Blaster's Arsenal Mastery it won't pulse like Controller/Dom but still do some minor damage

- Smoke Canister for LRM Rocket.  Blasters get this for some reason, why not the other two rangers?

Dominator

- Force Field Generator, not a bad idea but I think this would have to be reworked a little bit; I think a mobile Dispersion Bubble would be a bit too good for a Dom.  Maybe this one could be an immobile deployable like Faraday Cage, but a longer recharge so you wouldn't have it for every fight, just the ones that would benefit from the extra defense.

- If it's still too much, Coordinated Targerting is a good alternative

Sentinel

- If Wide Area Web Grenade is intended to be exclusive to Arachnos ATs, replace with Sleep Grenade (Blaster)

- Web Cocoon replaced with Cryo Freeze Ray; Cocoon is already in Mace Mastery I believe

- Similar to WAWG, if Venom Grenade is stuck on Arachnos perhaps it can be reworked into an Acid Bomb which could function like Acid Arrow by debuffing defense and secondary effects with minor toxic damage to those affected.  Alternatively, LRM Rocket again but that might be a little lame.  Or Trip Mine (Dominator) to give the set a PBAoE melee attack like other Sentinel epics.

• Thumbs Up 1

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

20 hours ago, PoptartsNinja said:

IIRC the biggest reason Wide Area Web Grenade didn't wind up in Arsenal Control was to keep it unique to Soldiers of Arachnos, I'd bet the same would apply to Venom Grenade. Cool ideas, though, and I'd love more APPs in general.

At that point in the list, I felt bad giving everyone freeze ray and the same standard stuff, so I switched it up. I was mostly looking for stuff that felt consistent with the character theme. I also hope other folks will keep shaking the tree and I can move the nuts out and come up with an idea the devs might like.

• 2 weeks later
On 4/24/2024 at 11:06 PM, PoptartsNinja said:

I did notice that Blaster's Devices "Web Grenade" is now a "Toxic Web Grenade," so the lines are a bit blurry.

v/r
BG