Alignment Missions

So once I've done 10 Heroic Missions, I stopped getting Tips.

I thought there'd be a Badge and more Tips so I can start to follow the Vigilante Path... am I wrong?

Project Manager, Haphazard Projects

Founder of the L.A.U.G.H. SG

"If you don't laugh at yourself, someone else will laugh at you first!"

No, you need to do 10 Vigilante missions and then you'll get a Vigilante Morality Tip, and then you do that mission so you can switch  to Vigilante (if you want to avoid talking to the suspicious gull in Pocket D that can do it instantly for you).

10 Alignment missions of one type enables Morality missions of that type.  10 Hero Alignment missions = can get Hero Morality.  So do the Hero Morality you've likely gotten dropped to you by now, then do 10 Vigilante Alignment missions, which will enable a Vigilante Morality.  As a note, there is a badge for holding an Alignment for 7 days and thus getting the Alignment power; 1 badge per Alignment.

10 Alignment missions of one type enables Morality missions of that type.  10 Hero Alignment missions = can get Hero Morality.  So do the Hero Morality you've likely gotten dropped to you by now, then do 10 Vigilante Alignment missions, which will enable a Vigilante Morality.  As a note, there is a badge for holding an Alignment for 7 days and thus getting the Alignment power; 1 badge per Alignment.

I haven't tested this, but if you change morality after changing morality, do you lose the original morality power?

I haven't tested this, but if you change morality after changing morality, do you lose the original morality power?

I believe so.  You get the power seven days after confirming an alignment I think, but if you change to a different alignment you lose the power.  Using Null will warn you about this.

After 20 I think you should always have the possibility of getting a Tip mission, I don't think they shut off.  If you're a hero you will have the choice between running an available Tip mission as a Hero or as a Vigilante.  Completing the mission will move you one step toward attaining a new alignment or confirming an existing alignment.  After you fill up an alignment bar (ten missions as that alignment) the next Tip mission to drop will be an Alignment mission, and completing that will net you 40 Merits and change or confirm your alignment.

I love being Vigilante/Rogue.  I can watch the LFG channel and join in groups or Task/Strike Forces on either side.

Yes - stop being Vigilante, lose Fear Incarnate (or Countdown to Fear Incarnate, if you haven't been 7 days a Vigilante yet), whether by completing a different alignment Morality or using Null. 

You also lose all current Tips and progress points towards any Alignment when you complete a Morality mission of any type; this does NOT cost you the Alignment power if you are 'confirming' your Alignment - completing a Hero Morality as  Hero already, for example.

I love being Vigilante/Rogue.  I can watch the LFG channel and join in groups or Task/Strike Forces on either side.

... I hadn't thought of that .... that's a damned fine idea, especially for my Villains (it's a challenge to find teams redside ...) ...!

So, question: if a Villain goes Rogue, and does (for example) the Synapse TF ... what badge does he get, if any?  :)

Global Handle: @PaxArcana ... Home servers on Live: Freedom Virtue ... Home Server on HC: Torchbearer

Archetype: Casual Gamer ... Powersets:  Forum Melee / Neckbeard ... Kryptonite:  Altoholism

It depends on the TF/SF in question; often, they just change the name/text but it's the same badge.  And yes, this does mean Accolades can be gotten on one side, then flip to the other and you 'get' the equivalent without prereqs - the most obvious example is Atlas Medallion is fairly easy to get, whereas the villain equivalent is not.

... I hadn't thought of that .... that's a damned fine idea, especially for my Villains (it's a challenge to find teams redside ...) ...!

So, question: if a Villain goes Rogue, and does (for example) the Synapse TF ... what badge does he get, if any?  :)

The way I understand it, for purposes of badges a Rogue counts as a villain and a Vigilante counts as a hero. 

I can't recommend the Vigilante/Rogue alignments enough.  They open up so much content and so many grouping possibilities.  I don't think many people really know/remember about them and the possibilities they offer.

I can't recommend the Vigilante/Rogue alignments enough.  They open up so much content and so many grouping possibilities.  I don't think many people really know/remember about them and the possibilities they offer.

I agree with this so much and cannot emphasize it enough.

I love redside, but it can be really difficult doing specific group content there. Red? Blue? Go purple! It opens up your options to, well, damn near everything.