Xp Booster Question...

Greetings one and all... 🙂

I have a hopefully quick couple of questions about Xp Boosters, either the one we are getting from the Anniversary event (x5 Xp Booster), the occasion similar one we can get now and then, or even the ones' we can get from the S.T.A.R.T. (or all of these in fact, in regards to the Shards/Servers. 

1) Does the Xp Anniversary Booster we get for the event stack with the ones' we can get from the S.T.A.R.T. vender?

2) If I am playing on another Shard/Server other than Excelsior (like Indomitable, or Reunion for example), and I use a Xp Anniversary Booster, will it stack with the bonus Xp increase from these Shards/Servers?

3) If the answer to #2 above is Yes, then what if I also use the Xp boosters from the S.T.A.R.T. vender as well? Will all three stack with each other?

Basically, using the S.T.A.R.T. vender Booster on these Shards/Servers grant a x3 Xp Boost to your Xp (as the two Boosters stack), but if you add in a Xp Booster from the Anniversary event (for example), will this in turn change it to a x4 total Xp boost instead?

So I am wondering if these types of Boosters stack is all, and how exactly? Thank you in advance for any info you can give folks... 🙂

Please come and join us on Friday at 6pm Central Time for our Friday Fashion Costume Contest (see the link below). We all hope to see you, yes YOU, there... And if you also wish to join our happy group, the Celestial Warriors SG, please feel free to join our Discord (see link below), and/or contact GL herself (Global is @Laucianna), or any of us if we are on in fact... 🙂

Friday Fashion Costume Contest On Excelsior (6pm Central Time)...

The Celestial Warriors Discord Channel...

Posted (edited)

Ooo, excellent points Glacier, thank you... 🙂

So the question remains... Which Xp Boosters stack, and with which one's? Do all of them stack with each other, as they are from different sources? Or is it more specific and selective (if that's the accurate word for it)? 🙂

Edited by BjorJlen
Sigh... Typo's...

Please come and join us on Friday at 6pm Central Time for our Friday Fashion Costume Contest (see the link below). We all hope to see you, yes YOU, there... And if you also wish to join our happy group, the Celestial Warriors SG, please feel free to join our Discord (see link below), and/or contact GL herself (Global is @Laucianna), or any of us if we are on in fact... 🙂

No-one can answer questions about what's currently being tested in closed beta.  If you have closed beta access, you can answer the question yourself with a quick test, or ask in the closed beta forum.  If you don't, you can ask to be a closed beta tester, then test it yourself or ask in the closed beta forum.

• Like 1

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

Historically on HC, the anniversary has given all players that log in 5 Experienced charges (see https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Paragon_Rewards_Powers#Experienced).  I don't know for sure that's what this anniversary will reward, just stating precedent.

As the link says, it provides 5 bars of patrol xp.  Patrol xp caps at 10 bars so you don't want to just click with no consideration for how much patrol you have accrued.  Personally 4 bars is my threshold, anything more and I wouldn't use a charge.

With regards to stacking, yes it stacks with other bonus xp, it's a 50% addition of base xp, so max of 3.5xp if you're on Indom and have P2W 2xp.  The "how" they stack is

Base xp + (bonus xp1) + (bonus xp2) +... + (bonus xpN) where N= all sources of bonus xp.

Note for future reference - the mapserver mobs had their base XP increased, they did not award another chunk of bonus xp, so their reward was 20x with p2w 100% boost and 30x on Indom with the additional boost.  I mention this because I've seen this misrepresented by other players saying Mapserve scale10 xp was additive as well.

Edit - the Experienced boosters were awarded to characters I logged in today, so those are already being awarded, don't even need to go test to see them.

Edited by Hedgefund
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Hedgefund said:

Historically on HC, the anniversary has given all players that log in 5 Experienced charges (see https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Paragon_Rewards_Powers#Experienced).  I don't know for sure that's what this anniversary will reward, just stating precedent.

As the link says, it provides 5 bars of patrol xp.  Patrol xp caps at 10 bars so you don't want to just click with no consideration for how much patrol you have accrued.  Personally 4 bars is my threshold, anything more and I wouldn't use a charge.

With regards to stacking, yes it stacks with other bonus xp, it's a 50% addition of base xp, so max of 3.5xp if you're on Indom and have P2W 2xp.  The "how" they stack is

Base xp + (bonus xp1) + (bonus xp2) +... + (bonus xpN) where N= all sources of bonus xp.

Note for future reference - the mapserver mobs had their base XP increased, they did not award another chunk of bonus xp, so their reward was 20x with p2w 100% boost and 30x on Indom with the additional boost.  I mention this because I've seen this misrepresented by other players saying Mapserve scale10 xp was additive as well.

Edit - the Experienced boosters were awarded to characters I logged in today, so those are already being awarded, don't even need to go test to see them.

Hey, thank you very, very much for this detailed info on Xp Boosters @Hedgefund! This was exactly what I was looking for and hoping to discover, so again thank you very much for your help... 🙂

And @Luminara, your reply actually confused me a bit until I read @Hedgefund's edit, so yeah now I understand. It was in regards to the Anniversary Xp Booster being released, but as was pointed out, it was released yesterday so no testing needed. Thank you for your input just the same though. 🙂

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, BjorJlen said:

And @Luminara, your reply actually confused me a bit until I read @Hedgefund's edit, so yeah now I understand. It was in regards to the Anniversary Xp Booster being released, but as was pointed out, it was released yesterday so no testing needed. Thank you for your input just the same though. 🙂

Thought it was going live in a week.  My apologies.

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

No, no apology needed at all @Luminara. Your more than good. 🙂