What goes well with /Staff?

You

Staff fills in gaps in almost any set.  It has a positional parry, a +res finisher, a regen finisher, and a global -end stance.  I think it works especially well for Resist sets like dark, fire, or rad; and pretty well for SR, Bio, Stone and WP.  It can't be used with Shield and it offers the least for Ice (it doesn't directly address any holes in Ice nor does Ice benefit much from minor +res).

No-Set Builds: Tanker Scrapper Brute Stalker

Recently made a WP/Staff which is now up to 27.

Great animations and decent enough damage for a tank that isn't slotted for it.

I seem to hold aggro pretty well though honestly the last 5 levels I have teamed with 4 other tanks and that becomes a challenge as everyone else seems to think they are the main tank. Silly people...I am.

Don't recall the last time I died.

I know that isn't much to go on but I am having fun.

Well, I know Staff is no TW. But it is a fun set and besides I am prioritising dps right after tanking (of course having good dps would be a nice bonus to have). My aim is to build a sturdy tank with both primary and secondary working together. 

Complaints about staff damage are mainly with its single target its aoe is pretty decent plus on a tanker damage is a bit secondary anyway I have played staff stalker/brute/scrapper and never felt the damage was lacking