The Thread of Contact Fix-Ups

I'm not sure if we really need a thread for contacts, but it seemed better than posting ideas for contacts in separate threads where they might get scattered and lost.

I just finished with Kong Bao (Skyway) as a contact.  He stopped talking to me at level 21, but didn't offer any more contacts. I didn't complete his arc, it was just a bit over half when he stopped giving me missions.  It might be good to add for all contacts when they become inactive, check for other contacts in the player's level range and offer those.  I can find new contacts and I have some already, but it would be a convenience for players just to automatically toss some contacts at them.

2 hours ago, gameboy1234 said:

I'm not sure if we really need a thread for contacts, but it seemed better than posting ideas for contacts in separate threads where they might get scattered and lost.

I just finished with Kong Bao (Skyway) as a contact.  He stopped talking to me at level 21, but didn't offer any more contacts. I didn't complete his arc, it was just a bit over half when he stopped giving me missions.  It might be good to add for all contacts when they become inactive, check for other contacts in the player's level range and offer those.  I can find new contacts and I have some already, but it would be a convenience for players just to automatically toss some contacts at them.

There is a find contact button is there not on the contacts tab? That gives you all the contacts in your level range and even teleports you to them ❤️ 

12 hours ago, Laucianna said:

There is a find contact button is there not on the contacts tab? That gives you all the contacts in your level range and even teleports you to them ❤️ 

yup and while its very convenient its not always reliable

welcome to the broken quest chain alliance

🤣

Its easy to criticize a suggestion but can you suggest an alternative?

11 hours ago, Laucianna said:

If only. The find contact button is really bad about offering you regular mission contacts. I've never seen it offer more than one. It usually offers a ton of First Ward and Night Ward contacts plus a few specialized contacts like Montague Castanella and Provost Marchand.

14 hours ago, gameboy1234 said:

I just finished with Kong Bao (Skyway) as a contact.  He stopped talking to me at level 21, but didn't offer any more contacts. I didn't complete his arc, it was just a bit over half when he stopped giving me missions. 

A contact should never stop offering you missions when their arc is open. Do you have an open blue book showing next to the contact name? He should also introduce you to a level 20-24 contact when you hit lvl 20 (he may have done this before he stopped talking to you).

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

1 hour ago, Uun said:

A contact should never stop offering you missions when their arc is open. Do you have an open blue book showing next to the contact name? He should also introduce you to a level 20-24 contact when you hit lvl 20 (he may have done this before he stopped talking to you).

It wasn't really an arc, I misspoke.  There was no open book symbol.  Bao is either just a random mish giver or he had a series of prelude missions I was doing and I never got to the arc.

And yes, the Find Contact button is functional but a bit wonky.  Especially when it gives you every single contact in Night Ward / First Ward and far fewer from blue side.  Having a curated list of missions at each level would be better, imo.  Having each contact give out that list (or chose one from the list, or whatever) is my suggestion.  It would be a little less immersion breaking than Find Contact and a curated list could direct players to more appropriate content.

• Like 1

On 5/9/2024 at 6:44 PM, gameboy1234 said:

He should have introduced you to a level 20-24 Magic contact as soon as you hit level 20. (Or possibly 19, for some reason they sometimes get introduced early but still don't give you missions until the correct level.) If he didn't, it is probably because someone else had already done so. The origin contacts don't do anything special when you complete their arcs, they but will always just introduce you to another origin contact of the same level once you've done a couple missions for them and introduce you to the same-origin contact in the next level range when you reach the correct level.

On 5/9/2024 at 8:49 PM, Laucianna said:

Find Contacts doesn't include contacts that require introduction, which the old origin contacts technically do. I say "technically" because they are actually always available: if you don't have a current-level contact of some origin you can always be introduced to one just by talking to the highest-level contact of that origin that you do have. If you've never talked to any contact of that origin then you can go talk to the City Hall contact and get an introduction. I suspect the main reason that they haven't been turned into walkups and added to Find Contacts is just because of the weird thing where there are usually several contacts for each origin in each level range and you can only be introduced to one of them.

15 minutes ago, Tatterhood said:

I suspect the main reason that they haven't been turned into walkups and added to Find Contacts is just because of the weird thing where there are usually several contacts for each origin in each level range and you can only be introduced to one of them.

Because the origin contacts of a given level range give the exact same arc (if they have an arc in that level range). So only 1 such contact in each level range is available for players, and they vary so players can have a (semi-)different experience even on the same origin on a different play through.

3 minutes ago, Rudra said:

Because the origin contacts of a given level range give the exact same arc (if they have an arc in that level range). So only 1 such contact in each level range is available for players, and they vary so players can have a (semi-)different experience even on the same origin on a different play through.

Yeah, I know. I was just saying that it's hard to see how you could turn them into walkups / add them to Find Contacts while preserving that system.