97.08 To Hit from Tactics and Kismet 6% and Sniper is not instant cast.

Omega9

97.08 To Hit from Tactics and Kismet 6% and Sniper is not instant cast. What's not right? I was assured this would make the Sniper attack instant cast. The power description says this is so. Combat Attributes say I have 97.08 To Hit, no instant cast. Is there a magic number over 97%, like 97.1 To Hit? Or is it Bugged?

Archery/Tactical Arrow sets by the way.

Have you tried doing the fast cast or are you just going by the fact that the snipe doesn't have a yellow ring around it? There's a known bug where if you're only just over the 97% To Hit barrier then the fast cast will still work but you don't get the yellow ring indicating it.

To test it try and cast the snipe, it should be pretty obvious if you're fast casting or not but to be absolutely sure start casting and immediately move, if it doesn't interrupt the cast then you're getting fast-snipe.

Defender Smash!

I believe that actual target is 97.25% or 97.5% to-hit.  And I don't believe that the Kismet +Acc proc is calculated as/with to-hit.

@Rathstar

Energy/Energy Blaster (50+3) on Everlasting

Energy/Temporal Blaster (50+3) on Excelsior

Energy/Willpower Sentinel (50+3) on Indomitable

Energy/Energy Sentinel (50+1) on Torchbearer

I believe that actual target is 97.25% or 97.5% to-hit.

I can personally confirm that fast snipe works at 97.37% To Hit. The yellow ring requires a higher level to of To Hit before it shows up but the actual fast snipe animation happens with 97.37% To Hit. As far as I know the fast snipe animation does kick in at 97% but I haven't explicitly tested it quite that low.

Now there is defintiely a bug regarding what level of To Hit is required for the yellow ring to show up but that's a separate topic.

And I don't believe that the Kismet +Acc proc is calculated as/with to-hit.

This is objectively wrong, the Kismet proc gives +6% To Hit, this is well documented and observable in game using the combat attributes screen.

Defender Smash!

I believe that actual target is 97.25% or 97.5% to-hit.  And I don't believe that the Kismet +Acc proc is calculated as/with to-hit.

f156f30081b4_2019-06-25_21-15-17.png

So either the combat attributes window is wrong or the name of the IO itself is wrong, since there is a difference between accuracy and to-hit.

Yes, is is working at 97.08 To Hit, just no yellow ring.  ::) well go figure.

Glad to hear it. Unfortunately that bug has been around for a while.

So either the combat attributes window is wrong or the name of the IO itself is wrong, since there is a difference between accuracy and to-hit.

The name of the IO is wrong, but it's been that way ever since the Invention system was released.

Defender Smash!

It works.  It just doesn't display the ring until a slightly higher level.

I had this explained to me once.  But it's been more than a few years and explanation would resemble me blowing smoke from a nether orifice and saying "BECAUSE!"

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

I gladly stand corrected.  I was at work and replying off the top of my head, so my apologies for any confusion.  :)

@Rathstar

Energy/Energy Blaster (50+3) on Everlasting

Energy/Temporal Blaster (50+3) on Excelsior

Energy/Willpower Sentinel (50+3) on Indomitable

Energy/Energy Sentinel (50+1) on Torchbearer