The Calendar and Events feature on the website has been disabled ×

ATO Fiery Orb

Snarky

I play ranged 80-90% time.  I do a drive by pbaoe chain once every minute or so.  Other than that i am ranged. (4 cones) and doing ST and ranged aoe hold/debuffs.  

the Orb is a pet.  But i cant find details on it.  Is it a melee pet?  Is it strong?  Is it just a fiery special effect and about as useful as the brute + fury ato proc?   ( not at all…).  I have it in fearsome stare, a cone.  It does not proc often in there at all.  

Posted (edited)

It summons a little orange flame (a bit like the Animus Arcana "fireballs") and it typically spawns on top of you, not on your foes; and if it's close enough to an enemy then it'll run up and hug them; dealing a bit of AoE damage in the process. Its stats are here.

It's only 1-2 PPM so won't spawn hugely often in a fast-recharging attack.
The actual damage output is a tiny bit better than a regular damage proc if it only gets a tick or two off before dying to enemy fire. It can last for up to 20 seconds though, and you can have multiple copies of it out simultaneously if you're lucky enough with the RNG.
It's markedly better in AoEs; and I've found that the Superior ATO version procs almost every time in a lot of the Arsenal Control powers like Sleep Grenade.

Edited by Maelwys
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I like it a decent amount in PSW on my earth/psi. I typically have 1-2 out with occasionally 3 making an appearance while mowing down full groups.

The damage adds up, but it also has a low mag stun which again, stacks with the stun of PSW making it a heck of a control power on top of doing solid damage.

I find it only useful for melee centric doms as they take too long to fly over to the group otherwise. 

• Like 2

yeah, i respeccd out of it and added 10% global rech in doing so.  that proc and the set bonuses (i had it split 3/3) are not worth the investment on this toon.  thanks everyone.

• Like 1

As others have mentioned it is very bland or not great. It can be abusable in the right storm but overall nothing impressive. I usually ran it in my Immob attack it was able to proc it a bit, but it did not help my too much. Tried it in AA and felt lackluster. I do not think I run it in my Earth dom, or Ill dom as I was never impressed by it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Psicy Chill - Ice/Psi/Psi | Sive Ni Brielan - Plant/Earth/Fire | Elemental Elder Lord - Earth/Fire/Fire | Selinia Baneheart - Dark/Therm/Fire | Mylia Stenetch - Necro/Dark/Soul | Radiated Shot - Rad/Arch/Mace | Nameless Witch - Storm/Water/Mu | Phantom Racer - Fire/Cold/Scorp | Neera Darkspar - Beam/Temp/Soul | Neera Etra - Dark/SR | Shieldbreaker - Elec/Shield/Mu | Frozen Tombstress Ice/Rad/Ice | Subliminal Darkness - Psi/Dark/Psi | Mirana Darkblade - Katana/Regen/Soul | Máistir Fiach - SoA Huntmaster | Night Reaver - SoA Widow | Sweet Senpai - SoA Bane

• 2 weeks later

I just pulled the Orb from my Ars/Psi Dom. I was (lvl 33) facing Sky Raiders and the orb would follow teleporters into other mobs, despawn and bring all that aggro right back to me!

I've used it before on other Doms and not had any problems and actually quite liked it but it got me killed twice last night. Maybe I'll re-evaluate once I'm 50 but for now it's banned from my build!

• Haha 1

SCRAPPER: Sir Kit Breaker-Elec/Shield *DumDum Pounder-WM/Shield *Snoglobe-Claws/Ice *Ice Flow Joe-Axe/Ice *TANK: Gamma Goon-Rad/Rad *Bernjamin Tanklin-fire/claws *Skullgrin Von Killjoy-Invul/SS *Frozen Snowshoo-Ice/Ice Quarry Goon-Stone/SS *BRUTE: Megahertz Donut-EM/Shield *Ohm Ahgerd Stone/Elec *Shadow Goon-Dark/Dark *Devilaint Le'Z-Rad/Fire *STALKER: Double OHM 7-EM/EA *Sir Kit Interupt-Elec/Shield *TROLLER: Chilly Lilly-Ice/Rad *Chlorophyllis Vance-Plant/Storm *Mechamoo-Elec/Cold *Johnny Burnsalot-Fire/Kin *Countess Gone-Ill/Dark *Lady Gone-Dark/Dark *Calpernia Tomik-Ill/Rad *Porkchop Scallywag-Fire/Nat *Gone Daddy-Plant/Dark *Merrie Melody-Symp/Dark *Toot Sweet-Fire/Dark *Lord Gone-Grav/Dark *Misty Burnsalot-Fire/Storm *Maddie Burnsalot-Fire/Rad *DOM: Scorched Eartha-Earth/Fire *Gazebo Malarkey-Dark/Psi *Clawsin Bloom-Plant/Savage *Diatomaceous Earl-Plant/Thorn *Permafrostasha-Plant/Ice *Corn Cob Earth/Earth *MM: Stupid Robot-Bot/Elec *Dark Leader-Demons/Dark *Silas Greenback-Thugs/Time *FENDER: *Dr. Gone-Dark/Dark *BAG3L-FF/Sonic *BLASTER: PinPointress-Arch/TA *Shimmy Burnsalot-Fire/TA *Lil Beefy-Ice/Fire *H0TT-fire/fire *CORRUPTOR: Shady Burnsalot-Fire/Dark *Kinetic Koala-Ice/Kin *Atmospheric Hazel-Water/Storm *Hami Dum-Seismic/Nature *MiHami Heat-Fire/Nature *SOA *Big Gravy-Crabbermind *Sentinel: NP Seymour-Elec/Regen