20th Anniversary Q&A Responses!

6 minutes ago, Abraxus said:

Really sorry you actually feel that way.  You seem to read the worst into things, and I don't participate in conversations any further, once I realize that.  I do hope you find satisfaction somewhere.  Because, it's pretty obvious that this isn't it.

I recognize the same style of response as with that of your previous post used in this one... along with the irony of inane assumptions as well.

Posted (edited)

Oh, sweet Freya in Asgard - thanks to all the devs for all their thoughts and memories, which I'm spending far too long reading.

On 6/5/2024 at 12:15 AM, Arcanum said:

.what's your favourite joke or Easter Egg in the game, and are there any still to find after all this time?  

• Hmm...well, I had a great time doing Faultline easter eggs... [REDACTED]

stunned_pikachu.gif

That... is... genius. Proper MHD stuff. I'm gonna have to go take another look.

On 6/5/2024 at 12:15 AM, Arcanum said:

Which cities, besides Paragon, were the hardest hit?

• Leeds.

...I'm not sure anyone'd notice, but...

Edited by ThaOGDreamWeaver

WAKE UP YA MISCREANTS AND... HEY, GET YOUR OWN DAMN SIGNATURE.

Look out for me being generally cool, stylish and funny (delete as applicable) on Excelsior.

Massive thanks to the Homecoming team for bringing back our city, and to all the players that help keep it running! I'm so happy that developement of the game continues and look forward to seeing what's coming in the future!

superstrenghtforscrappers

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Pizza (Pepperoni) 2
  • Pizza (Pineapple) 1

Former Paragon Studios QA - Redname Fireman

Current and always Scrapper enthusiast

On 6/4/2024 at 7:05 PM, Greentea said:

Damn, Synapse.

Eldritch Blast sounds fantastic, it's a shame. Others too, I bet psychic nexus from Yin/Scrappers/Stalkers is a part of Psychic Defense.

Anyhoo, it's cool to read their responses, thanks Arca.

I hope the devs make these powers. it would be a nice addition.

• Like 2

On 6/6/2024 at 6:15 AM, KingCeddd03 said:

I hope the devs make these powers. it would be a nice addition.

I'd agree. While in general, "generic" powers should be preferred, making some origin specific powers I think should also be required.  We just got the Arsenal set which is basically a Natural/Tech set, and that's fine.  Great even.  Don't restrict things if making them helps players play the character they want to.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

4 minutes ago, gameboy1234 said:

I'd agree. While in general, "generic" powers should be preferred, making some origin specific powers I think should also be required.  We just got the Arsenal set which is basically a Natural/Tech set, and that's fine.  Great even.  Don't restrict things if making them helps players play the character they want to.

This was an actual planned powerset to one day be made and released before the shut down, I think it should be still made. and generic is so boring.

Well that was an entertaining read and good to know that everyone seems to be doing ok. Thankyou so much to all who organised, collated, and answered everything. It was certainly appreciated by me.

My next question for the Homecoming Devs... "Which response made you think... 'that sounds like a good idea' and will be implemented for the next page?"

😁

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 6/4/2024 at 4:15 PM, Arcanum said:

Tim "Black Scorpion" Sweeney:

Hide contents
  • What have you guys been up to? Still working on video games or did you move on to something else?

• I’m still in the games industry as a technical designer / engineer. My current work is at Schell Games, maker of fun adventure VR games like the upcoming Silent Slayer: Vault of the Vampire which you should totally check out! (/plug)

For anyone interested in the genre, Schell Games put out a really fun queer superhero dating sim a few years ago called Mission: It's Complicated. I don't know if Tim worked on that one personally, but I really loved it!

EDIT: Forgot to mention that it's free on Steam!

Edited by Heronator

On 6/4/2024 at 5:15 PM, Arcanum said:

. I'd also love to revamp Regeneration. I'm honestly not sure what I'd do, but it could use some love.

Whether it happens or not I feel….vindicated.

@Homecoming Devs:  It’s time to take a re-look at Regen outside of Sents.  In fact I’d say the Sent version is a good starting point.

I wasn't around for when the questions were asked, but what Synapse said about stuns not lasting "more than 3 seconds" made me realize that this game is pre-MOBAs really exploding as a genre (which I think informed MMOs more than any other contemporaneous genre). Really makes me wonder how CoH would look made in a circa-2015 timeline, but also sort of makes me wish we had a MOBA-lite game mode or even PvE trial like Summer Blockbuster.

• 3 weeks later
Posted (edited)
On 6/5/2024 at 1:15 AM, Arcanum said:

I did have a plan for an Eldritch Blast set that was going to use a floating book and staff.

wait we have staffs sets and an emote with floating books... Can't we like combine those for a Blaster secondary Eldritch Blast? Please Homecoming team? I m sure it wouldn't be as cool as Synapse would have made it but it's better than nothing right?
Like bonk enemies with the staff when to close and read stuff from the floating books for the other Blaster secondary stuff?

Edit: I already imagine my character emoting "hey I m reading here" when ever they use the staff

Edited by jkwak
  • Haha 1

back to the Zukunft

@Jkwak