I no longer have a game account...?

I just got a slick new computer and I thought it would be fun to play some CoH again after a lengthy hiatus. I think the last time I played was somewhere around five to eight years ago. I've logged in here with the same email address and username I had from before. But it looks like I don't have a game account, or at least I can't figure out if there's a way to tell whether I have one. Was there some fundamental restructuring of how this stuff works? I see the word "Tequila" thrown around here and there, and I don't recall perfectly, but I think Tequila was involved (both kinds) when I made my Homecoming account back then. Is it possible that my characters weren't preserved from some older servers or something? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Do you still have your old computer available?

Run the launcher, click "Screenshots" at the top. It'll take you to the screenshots.  On Windows (and Mac too, as I recall,) the explorer window has a breadcrumb feature - you can click each level of the directory (if you were typing it out, it'd be everything separated by a backslash, like c:\windows\temp, but in the "address bar" of the window, they're separated by a > ) to move there:

image.thumb.png.bfa041b644ea02d192c74c6546538308.png

(Yeah, I've got slightly different names for where it's installed. Since I throw everything into a "games" folder that's game related, my directories won't match your location.)

By default, clicking on "screenshots" would take me to This PC >  E:  > Games > Homecoming > Screenshots. CLick on "Homecoming" and it takes you here.

Then double click that (here, top) folder, "Accounts." You'll see a folder (or folders) with your account names. These match the login account names for the game.

• Thumbs Up 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

2 hours ago, Modus Ponens said:

I just got a slick new computer and I thought it would be fun to play some CoH again after a lengthy hiatus. I think the last time I played was somewhere around five to eight years ago. I've logged in here with the same email address and username I had from before. But it looks like I don't have a game account, or at least I can't figure out if there's a way to tell whether I have one. Was there some fundamental restructuring of how this stuff works? I see the word "Tequila" thrown around here and there, and I don't recall perfectly, but I think Tequila was involved (both kinds) when I made my Homecoming account back then. Is it possible that my characters weren't preserved from some older servers or something? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Homecoming was launched in 2019, so five years for that.  Prior to that, you may have been on the other server?  Which is still up, but it did transition into the rest of the HC HW, but extra steps.   You may need a GM to sort you out.

• Thumbs Up 1

Thanks for your prompt replies so far. I checked the old computer and was pleased to see that the CoH folder was still there. I looked at a Tequila log file and saw that the most recent activity was from 2020 (so not five to eight years ago — the pandemic really messed with my sense of time). I couldn't find the launcher, though, and I couldn't find a screenshots folder or an "accounts" folder, but I did find a text file containing the names of the characters and something that I'm guessing was which server they were on, and it shows that they were all created by an account named "modusponens". And I also have a folder with what seem to be costumes in it or something like that? Anyway, I have all this evidence of my having had a game account in the past. Is it possible that that account still exists but is somehow no longer linked with my forum account? Maybe a GM can check to see whether those characters still exist or something...? Is there some way for me to ask a GM for help with this matter?

6 minutes ago, Modus Ponens said:

Thanks for your prompt replies so far. I checked the old computer and was pleased to see that the CoH folder was still there. I looked at a Tequila log file and saw that the most recent activity was from 2020 (so not five to eight years ago — the pandemic really messed with my sense of time). I couldn't find the launcher, though, and I couldn't find a screenshots folder or an "accounts" folder, but I did find a text file containing the names of the characters and something that I'm guessing was which server they were on, and it shows that they were all created by an account named "modusponens". And I also have a folder with what seem to be costumes in it or something like that? Anyway, I have all this evidence of my having had a game account in the past. Is it possible that that account still exists but is somehow no longer linked with my forum account? Maybe a GM can check to see whether those characters still exist or something...? Is there some way for me to ask a GM for help with this matter?

At the top of this website, click the word "Support" if on a desktop browser. If on mobile, click the three white bars in the top right corner, then select "Support."

Fill out the support ticket as needed and provide as much detail as possible. It may take some time before a GM is able to respond.

• Like 1

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

27 minutes ago, Modus Ponens said:

I did find a text file containing the names of the characters

Possibly playerslot.txt which would be "Account", "Server", "Character"  so Server might be a helpful bit. 

• Game Master
On 6/19/2024 at 10:30 PM, Modus Ponens said:

Hey good news! I found my login info. My account does exist and everything, so we're fine! Thanks to everyone who helped.

For people who have the same problem, as long as you remember the email you used to create the forum account you can get a password reset, then go into game account management and see your login name and change the password