HM - ITF - VANDAL

HM ITF - WHERE IS VANDAL'S SPAWN LOCATION? (MISSION #3)

• ALWAYS THOUGHT IT WAS JUST BEYOND THE 'TURRET CONTROL COMPUTER TERMINAL' UP ON THE PLATFORM WITH REQUIEM AND THE LAST GENERAL...
  • I HAVE NEVER SEEN VANDAL ACTUALLY SPAWN COME TO THINK OF IT... BUT HAVE DEFEATED HIM ON THE WINDING STAIRS THAT RISE UP TO THE TOP PLATFORM AT TIMES.

PvP Capture the Flag!  Bring some fun into it....

8 hours ago, shortguy on indom said:

HM ITF - WHERE IS VANDAL'S SPAWN LOCATION? (MISSION #3)

• ALWAYS THOUGHT IT WAS JUST BEYOND THE 'TURRET CONTROL COMPUTER TERMINAL' UP ON THE PLATFORM WITH REQUIEM AND THE LAST GENERAL...
  • I HAVE NEVER SEEN VANDAL ACTUALLY SPAWN COME TO THINK OF IT... BUT HAVE DEFEATED HIM ON THE WINDING STAIRS THAT RISE UP TO THE TOP PLATFORM AT TIMES.

Vandal spawns after getting one of the two robots health down halfway.

He will spawn in one of 3 locations in the beach area that the Colossi spawn in.

A quick note, you can prevent his spawn by pulling the Colossi far into the water on the northern shore!

Mainly on Excelsior. Find me in game @Spaghetti Betty.

AE Arcs:  Big Magic Blowout! 41612 | The Meta-Human Wrestling Association 44683 | MHWA Part 2 48577

Click to look at my pets!

• Developer

Vandal and friends use a giant max/min donut radius to locate a suitable pre-existing spawndef point on the map that is far enough away the from the 'instigator' player (whoever triggered the phase transition) and then spawns the ambushes with a behavior to run to their instigator, which accounts for the delay between their trigger and them arriving.

What this means, is that there is no pre-set locations where they spawn, and the exact spawn def the ambushes could change every run depending on where the team is positioned when the ambush trigger fires.

I would assume the game would just pick the very first, closest spawn point that meets all the eligibility requirements, meaning you might be able to manipulate where he spawns, but that's just conjecture on my part, so it may not be as helpful.

Love this game and its community? Want to give back? Volunteer as a Game Master! Help make Homecoming the best it can be!

Writer of the Patch Notes

Red side, best side!

Posted (edited)
  • THX FOR THAT.  HELPS WITH MY THEORY CRAFTING.
  • A QUICK NOTE... NUMERICALLY SPEAKING... NUMBERS DICTATE A CERTAIN SEQUENCE OF DEFEATS WOULD BE BENEFITIAL FOR SURVIVAL IN THIS PARTICULAR ACT OF THE PLAY.
  • pattern: dex-val-L
Edited by shortguy on indom
pattern missing...
  • Thumbs Up 1

• SO, SINCE BOTH S.B.'S AND C.A.'S POSTS ARE SPOT ON, MY TRADITIONAL STYLE DEX-VAN-L PATTERN IS NULLIFIED AND IS REDUCED ACCORDINGLY TO JUST DEX-L.
  • SUSPECT THAT DEX & L ARE BEING DISPATCHED BEFORE VAN (WHO STILL IS GETTING SPAWNED) CAN SWIM TO THE OCCASION BEFORE MONEY LIGHT EXIT IS LIT.