The Calendar and Events feature on the website has been disabled ×

Kin Transference for the Kin

WuTang

Base 60ft range that does the Kin no good...

Why oh why can't this give the user the benefit at range? Wish it worked like Fulcrum Shift where everyone by the target and the caster gets the buff, but newp... So I have to run in to get some End then rush back out. And I've been slightly out of range a couple times when it popped and got nothing, then there are the times where it just misses... It's fairly reliable and fairly dangerous to use. Would I just be better off taking Ageless to end my End-woes?

Nah, I think the build does though, but still...come on... Transference with range and it only helps with melee. Same for the heal really. What's really fun though is timing, just before Transference kicks in the baddie is floored. My guy is only like 43, prob just growing pains...

What arcane said. You're doing it wrong. Kinetics needs to be played close up and personal. If you're staying at range for Fulcrum Shift, you're missing most of the buff.

56 minutes ago, Uun said:

What arcane said. You're doing it wrong. Kinetics needs to be played close up and personal. If you're staying at range for Fulcrum Shift, you're missing most of the buff.

Then is the description of the power incorrect? It states, "Fulcrum shift drains the power of a targeted foe and all foes nearby, transferring it to all adjacent allies, you, and all those near you."

As someone who ODed on Kin on Live, my Kins play next to the tank or other melee ATs. If you have cone shaped blasts, that can be dealt with via doing hover blasting or popping into the air and then using the cone blast. I only used SO/generic IOs on Live and never really got into Incarnates so I have no concept for needing Ageless. 

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Emma Strange: Ill/dark Controller. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Hesitation: Claws/sr Scrapper. 8. Within Reach: Axe/stone Brute. 9. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute.  10. Chasing Fireworks: Fire/time Controller. 

"Downtime is for mortals. Debt is temporary. Fame is forever."

And just so we're all on the same page, my playstyle is fine... I have a Defender Kin, but the build is different, built with higher defenses and resistances. The problem I'm really having is with the "double" stun mechanic with Dark Pit and Oppressive Gloom. It's not hitting like I'd planned so staying in melee with the current level of protection isn't really doing it. I've been playing midrange to melee, but I'm using Super Speed, which is newish to me. I've never really used it, mostly stick with flying or Super Jump, but I wanted to make a go of it.... sometimes I shoot passed my intended mark when running in, it's mostly funny the first dozen times...

Still though... Transference with range but only helping melee doesn't really support the entire team.

I've used SS has a travel power on a Kin but never when in or near combat. That's what Siphon Speed is for. 

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Emma Strange: Ill/dark Controller. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Hesitation: Claws/sr Scrapper. 8. Within Reach: Axe/stone Brute. 9. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute.  10. Chasing Fireworks: Fire/time Controller. 

"Downtime is for mortals. Debt is temporary. Fame is forever."

39 minutes ago, WuTang said:

Then is the description of the power incorrect? It states, "Fulcrum shift drains the power of a targeted foe and all foes nearby, transferring it to all adjacent allies, you, and all those near you."

Fulcrum Shift gives you the caster +40% damage, and creates a 30ft aoe around the target that applies a -20% damage debuff on them, and makes them radiate a +20% damage buff to all of their enemies (ie you and your team)

So you get +40% damage, and a further +20% for each enemy that Fulcrum Shift hits that's within 20ft of you, up to 10 times! (so +240% max)

If you get in close and fire it, you'll see a lot of stacked symbols on your status bar, and get the big juicy boost.

Kinetics is a really weird set, but offers high risk, high reward, seat of your pants gameplay!

• Thumbs Up 2

53 minutes ago, WuTang said:

Fulcrum Shift has two AoEs, one around the caster and one around the target. The caster AoE is a flat 40% damage buff to the caster and all allies in a 20 ft radius. The target AoE consists of a 20% damage debuff to all foes in a 30 ft radius (10 target max) and a 20% damage buff PER FOE HIT to all allies in a 20 ft radius. If you hit the 10 target max with Fulcrum Shift, everyone in the target AoE gets a 200% damage buff. If you're using it at range, you're just getting the 40% buff and missing out on the 200% buff, while if the caster is next to the target, everyone gets a 240% damage buff.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 7/2/2024 at 7:46 AM, Without_Pause said:

I've used SS has a travel power on a Kin but never when in or near combat. That's what Siphon Speed is for. 

Dude great advice! Thanks!

Sounds like you're using dark as your blast set.  Torrent is a great opener if you put the proc that turns knock back to knock down (can use it without this but it sends them flying and doesn't keep everyone grouped very well).  You can use torrent and then fulcrum pretty safely, and then drop your nuke or cone attacks.  

Your playstyle has issues. There are many ways to get transference buffed at range on a kin - with experience you learn how to stand just within range of it, or jump in and out for a quick buff using a variety of methods. Or just build for def and res and tank everything, it's easily possible on a corr with the vast amount of slot-efficiency a kin has. I don't expect you to take this advice despite multiple people having informed you of this, since you have demonstrated that you are deeply defensive and insecure when confronted with anything even vaguely resembling criticism of your skill level.

P.S. Power descriptions in coh have always been wildly inconsistent, incomplete and inaccurate (the newer ones, written by homecoming team, are generally but not always better). The only description that matters is the one in the game engine.