The Calendar and Events feature on the website has been disabled ×

When in Rome...

Ukase

I have been trying to play in Indom more often than not. Mainly because of the 2xp, and partially because I know most of the players I have run into have been at a minimum, competent. This slightly better than mediocre player needs all the competence around him he can get! 

First - absolute props for not splitting after pylon 4 between Pylons 5 and 7! 
On Excelsior, all these MSR leagues split there, and it is annoying to think I might miss out on those extra, tiny, all but useless 3 vg merits. And I'm being serious - I am that greedy! I try to go for personal bests, so I always want to get about 1400-1500 vg merits. I knew this was unlikely to happen due to the poor turnout. But, I digress. 

Last night during the MSR, particularly in the forming up and the initial moments, it's clear to me that you folks do things your own way - and that's fine, but I'm wondering why do you start at Pylon 17? 

Leader's privilege? Or is it just what you folks have always done? 

I think it's been traditional on Indom to meet at the tanks, start at Pylon 17, and work clockwise.  That's just how I've always seen it here.  That's how I remember it from Live as well (Champion server), but that memory's a little fuzzier.

I do recall playing on Excel for a while and MSRs meeting at Point du Hoc and going from there.

I've occasionally seen (on both shards) leagues split somewhere around the 4-5-7 triangle, but I never gave it much thought and I think it ends up being personal preference.

• Thumbs Up 1

I just figure different people, different methods.  I always liked OK's direction at the split on Excel.    Everlasting seems to be more concerned about ramps.  I did one on Idom, but it didn't seem that different at the time.  (I may just not be remembering where we started)

I tend to just run one MSR per char to grab the exploration and the storage sack.    I rarely fill out the other MSR related badges.  

3 hours ago, Ukase said:

I have been trying to play in Indom more often than not. Mainly because of the 2xp, and partially because I know most of the players I have run into have been at a minimum, competent. This slightly better than mediocre player needs all the competence around him he can get! 

First - absolute props for not splitting after pylon 4 between Pylons 5 and 7! 
On Excelsior, all these MSR leagues split there, and it is annoying to think I might miss out on those extra, tiny, all but useless 3 vg merits. And I'm being serious - I am that greedy! I try to go for personal bests, so I always want to get about 1400-1500 vg merits. I knew this was unlikely to happen due to the poor turnout. But, I digress. 

Last night during the MSR, particularly in the forming up and the initial moments, it's clear to me that you folks do things your own way - and that's fine, but I'm wondering why do you start at Pylon 17? 

Leader's privilege? Or is it just what you folks have always done? 

That's about right for VG merits per run based on my experience, but last night was a lot less people than normal (I would offer this was due to the holiday in the U.S.).

22 hours ago, FrauleinMental said:

I think it's been traditional on Indom to meet at the tanks, start at Pylon 17, and work clockwise.  That's just how I've always seen it here.  That's how I remember it from Live as well (Champion server), but that memory's a little fuzzier.

I do recall playing on Excel for a while and MSRs meeting at Point du Hoc and going from there.

I've occasionally seen (on both shards) leagues split somewhere around the 4-5-7 triangle, but I never gave it much thought and I think it ends up being personal preference.

I have an embarrassing memory of being on Champion and hosting an MSR, with support from @amygdala and her friends. And I was telling people to start at pylon 11, and apparently, they were accustomed to starting at 17. I suffered some temporary confusion. Some of which is apparently persistent. 

• 3 weeks later