The Calendar and Events feature on the website has been disabled ×

Focused Feedback: The Labyrinth of Fog

2 hours ago, Cobalt Arachne said:

Unsure, if I knew how to reproduce it, I wouldn't need to ask.

That's what's difficult; There's no HP thresholds activation AI, it's an auto-power that fires automatically when the Minotaur goes below 75% HP at all, that governs the arena teleport and it activating at all revokes itself, so it activating at 50%/25% makes no sense because it's not possible with how any of the Minotaur works.

If it happens again, let me know, maybe new details will come to light that will explain what you saw.

No other reports, I can't get it to happen in my dev box, and it doesn't line up with the code I wrote, so unfortunately there's nothing I can do with this; What you're claiming happened shouldn't be possible, and I can't reproduce it. 😥

I assumed it was at 50/25%, but obviously that wasn't the case. We had it pop up multiple times during the fight, so I will try to get something for you. We are going back in tonight.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, DarkRevelation said:

I assumed it was at 50/25%, but obviously that wasn't the case. We had it pop up multiple times during the fight, so I will try to get something for you. We are going back in tonight.

Went in tonight with drastically different results. Same two as before, with a 3rd, and couldn't damage him at all. We had been able to slowly work the health down with two, but the addition of a third put it out of reach for us with what we know worked the day before. I apologize for not getting any popup testing in, but for whatever reason we couldn't scratch the Minotaur at all tonight.

2 hours ago, DarkRevelation said:

Went in tonight with drastically different results. Same two as before, with a 3rd, and couldn't damage him at all. We had been able to slowly work the health down with two, but the addition of a third put it out of reach for us with what we know worked the day before. I apologize for not getting any popup testing in, but for whatever reason we couldn't scratch the Minotaur at all tonight.

I'll be out of town for the next week, so hopefully Betty can bump into what we saw. GL

Round 3 with the big cow complete!

I wasn't able to get that prompt glitch to happen, so I don't have an answer for that!

However, I do return with raving reviews! I decided to run a Kinetics this time, so pretty much the exact opposite of a Tank. I had a team of 10. The supports were me, a Time and FF def, so much less this go around! We had much more damage as a tradeoff.

I am pleased to say that the Minotaur is now a genuine threat. He only spawned in at +6 again, and had an Archery moveset this time lol, lmao even, but his HP would not budge at all until we left and got some shifts. Much different from last time!

Once we had 4 shifts, we were finally able to make some headway on his HP, and we were prompted to join him in the arena in short order.

I directed everyone to stand in Hoof Stomp a couple of times in order to gauge how strong it is now. What I was not expecting was to take a very modest seven thousand damage on my squishy body! The red numbers were all over my face and chest! I'll tell you one thing, the one-shot forgiveness code works perfectly! The other squishies were not so lucky. I was monitoring the HP of the 3 Tanks on the team and they still seemed to be handling the damage just fine, at least until they took more stray hits from the Minotaur's regular attacks. Otherwise, many deaths were had and it definitely felt like more of a real fight instead of a minor speed bump!

So, at this point, I'm only left with a few questions: What is the point of the -RES(Neg) debuff in Hoof Stomp? The Stomp itself only deals Smashing damage (which is why I got saved from being turned into Flat Nemesis from that 7k). Do his other attacks deal Neg damage? And as a followup, why not make Hoof Stomp deal Smash/Neg damage instead?

• Like 2

Mainly on Excelsior. Find me in game @Spaghetti Betty.

AE Arcs:  Big Magic Blowout! 41612 | The Meta-Human Wrestling Association 44683 | MHWA Part 2 48577

Click to look at my pets!

• Developer
6 hours ago, Spaghetti Betty said:

What is the point of the -RES(Neg) debuff in Hoof Stomp?

The stomp makes you vulnerable to the majority remainder of the Minotaur's other attacks. The Minotaur's weapon attacks (in this scenario his archery attacks) all deal 100% Negative Energy damage only.

Netted Pilums deal Lethal, Unholy Plague Howl deals Toxic, and Hoof Stomp deals Smashing; These attacks won't be impacted by the debuff, but the rest of the move pool should.

Edit: The stomp is also supposed to be doing unresistable KB that should send those hit flying into spikes; But might be bugged; Checking things now.

Love this game and its community? Want to give back? Volunteer as a Game Master! Help make Homecoming the best it can be!

Writer of the Patch Notes

Red side, best side!

1 hour ago, Cobalt Arachne said:

Edit: The stomp is also supposed to be doing unresistable KB that should send those hit flying into spikes; But might be bugged; Checking things now.

We did confirm Clarion was mitigating it!

• Pizza (Pineapple) 1

Mainly on Excelsior. Find me in game @Spaghetti Betty.

AE Arcs:  Big Magic Blowout! 41612 | The Meta-Human Wrestling Association 44683 | MHWA Part 2 48577

Click to look at my pets!

• Developer
11 minutes ago, Spaghetti Betty said:

We did confirm Clarion was mitigating it!

Fixed that this morning; It shouldn't work to prevent that Hoof Stomp's KB next build, be aware, it will send you flying into spikes potentially.

It will work for avoiding the Sand Vortexes (mag 11 KB), but not Hoof Stomps.

Love this game and its community? Want to give back? Volunteer as a Game Master! Help make Homecoming the best it can be!

Writer of the Patch Notes

Red side, best side!