The Calendar and Events feature on the website has been disabled ×

AH "attuning"

LKN-351

16 hours ago, LKN-351 said:

Those are good suggestions but I've built 6 level 50 characters with IOs that aren't attuned. LOL That would take a long time.

I know I know it's gunna take some time to redo them though. I'll probably just use some unslotters and then a respec to sell off whats slotted and buy them attuned.

Maybe I'm confused but why would you use unslotters and then respec? respecing unslots everything...

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Nerio72 said:

Maybe I'm confused but why would you use unslotters and then respec? respecing unslots everything...

35 minutes ago, LKN-351 said:

You've got 70 slots in your enhancement tray and 90 some odd enhancements at level 50 🙂

Correct.

When you do a /respec, you could reslot all but 70 of them and then they would be in your enhancement tray without using unslotters to get them there.

You could even then move them to /AH to store (without posting them for sale) -or- build a sg base and put them in storage there, and then /respec again go get another 70 into your enhancement tray.

If you are going to /respec, that would be the way to go.

If you want to just pull out some of them, go with the unslotters.

(Honestly, I've been back on Homecoming for years at this point and I have /respec'd less than 5 times and I have more than 174 characters at this point, but, then again, I haven't played much - and don't intend to any more - above level 49 and I'm also not trying to mini-max or cookie-cutter my "build(s)")

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

Opinions will definitely vary on this topic. There's right ways - the ways that work for whomever is doing them, there's wrong ways, and there's probably right ways done poorly, and wrong ways that work out through sheer luck or ignorance. Mine might be the latter. 

Meet Catabolic, an ice/rad brute on Indom. 

Cat has started the game with zero assistance from any of my alts, or anyone else - unless you count joining a league to clobber GMs in multiple zones as assistance. 

I do not do this particular practice of self-attuning, not even with a character that starts off broke. 

What I do is look for the cheapest IOs I can find that are closely related to what I want. And if I can't find them, I'm prepared to burn some converters. I do this mainly so I don't put influence in Yomo's pockets. He has enough already. So far, I haven't spent over 200k for a crafted IO. 

I did spend 3m on 3 different pvp recipes to get those "big three" taken care of. 

I do not recommend doing this until you understand the odds of converting an attuned Detonation into a Steadfast Resist/Def 3% (all).
You can get lucky and get it within 10 converters. Or you can have expected results and take about 30. Maybe more. 

But 30*65K +200k is still going to be less than buying a patient bid of 3M for the attuned Steadfast Resist/Def 3% (all). 
When I make these decisions, I completely understand it might take me 60 converters. I'm prepared to take that risk, as I've had that same attuned detonation convert into an LotG7.5% on one conversion, and I've seen it enough to know that over time, things come out in the wash. You just have to have the stacks of converters high enough to sustain you through the crappy rng. 

And what is just an anecdotally based tip - not at all scientifically backed - if it takes more than 10 conversions (not converters, but conversions) STOP. Tab out for a moment. Watch a silly cat video. Get a drink. Something. Then return. The RNG will likely favor you now. 

I have done the old AH Attuning trick with some PvP IOs. I didn't like it, because when you're trying to do that with desirable IOs, invariably, someone else will buy them right out from under you. Maybe the very same price you were going to buy them from yourself for. And you can't jack up your price to keep people from buying it, because if it's too high, you end up buying someone else's IO. Then you have inf - which is great - but no IO - which is not good. 

It's really a bad plan if you ask me. If you've the expertise and patience to make it work for you, that's great. But it's not my way of doing things. I'd rather each character just use converters to get what's desired, rather than attune the crafted stuff I have through the AH. 

I have, at times, taken certain characters and sold certain IOs in a stack of 20 to 50. Then I'll re-purchase them in attuned form over the course of week and stash those in my base for alts to use. But, I just think it's more interesting for each character to use the market to outfit their respective build. 

No representation is made to suggest my way is "better" in any fashion than any other method of accumulating, generating or earning in-game influence. The word "Yomo" referenced above is used without permission, but we'll risk the lawsuit. 

I think for converting the first built character from IOs to attuned I'm going to play a 50 till I get a catalyst drop, then after that mission swap to a different 50 and repeat. For the most part I've noticed that they drop fairly quickly so I think I could get a decent amount in a short while and earn a bit of influence from the other drops as well. With two pages worth of 50s that seems like I could get a good amount of them in one day if RNG was in my favour lol

Are you looking for Ultramode style, candy coated enhancements and powers?

WELL YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!!

(they're also in the City Mod installer)

It'll sell eventually at that price, but it might be listed for years. 

The lesson here is eggs and baskets. Vary it up and list low while you're building a fund, keep trying different things, and don't invest all your capital in a single item.

..It only takes one Beanbag fan saying that they JRANGER it for the devs to revert it.