The Calendar and Events feature on the website has been disabled ×

Fire/Mental/Fire Build

FreakazoidAlt

I saw a few things at first glance, and typed out some stuff, and then I just downloaded it and started tinkering with it. 

Giving feedback on a build is easy. Giving it and still letting the build be close to what it was before can be problematic. I have no idea about your play style or anything, other than your build suggests you like to hover blast. I've no idea how you capitalize on Drain psyche from a hovering position, but more power to you if you have that figured out. 
I'm more of a SS & CJ type - I zip in, press drain psyche and then inferno. But - that's me. 

Based on some of the set bonuses I see - like the 3 stack of LotG, it looks like you value HP a bit. Which is good. I try to get as much as I can on most of my characters, without sacrificing the real goal - which is the balance between survivability and dps. 

One players balance point is going to differ from another's, based on solo vs. team, and the composition of that team, and the knowledge, skills and abilities of that player. 

So, in trying to keep in spirit of the build you already have - without gutting it and making it the way I would play it - I have this, and a second look has me changing even more things. 

There's a lot left on the table here. A build is like playing a game of chess. If you look to control the center 4 squares, that still leaves 60 other squares that need attention. 
The pursuit of S/L, and HP was apparent. I tried to keep that, but I also know there's a fair bit of Energy/Negative Energy, too. And for a blaster, your recharge is fairly low. 

Even if I give you all the passive accolades, I still see you gasping for endurance if you don't get Drain Psyche off. So, this is by no means a finished product, But, it does give you some other things to look at, and maybe a different perspective. 

If it were my character, there's a fair number of powers I wouldn't take. 
So, here's a 3rd look. See the difference your patron/epic armor can make? To me, it seems more balanced. But - I have no idea if you really love bonfire, or wanted to keep fire armor for thematic purposes. 

Stompy Blaster Fire-Mental-Fire build.mbd 2ndlookStompy Blaster Fire-Mental-Fire build.mbd take3Stompy Blaster Fire-Mental-Fire build.mbd

My observation is that people that build blasters the way you do end up not enjoying blasters because they still die too much even though they bought into this fallacy that skipping all your melee attacks and keeping at range by hover blasting is "safe"

If survival is your goal I recommend a sentinel. You still get to blast, with the comfort of armor that prevents you from getting mezzed and contributes significantly towards your survival. And from what I hear you get a Psy epic for role play purposes as well.

Blaster build threads generally start with learning how to play a blaster first. I see them as an "advanced" AT if this game had tiers of difficulty. To really succeed as a blaster you need a fair bit of knowledge on game mechanics/mob factions and problem targets. If you don't have any of those then you are in for a rough time with a blaster.

Liberty, Torchbearer, Excelsior, Everlasting

Jezebel Delias

Level 50 Fire/Elec/Mace Blaster

I am the Inner Circle!

• 2 weeks later

Fire/mental was one of my favourites on live and i rerolled it on here very soon after we got the game back. Perma drain psyche should be the goal. With a single accuracy and 5 panacea in you can get away with playing very badly and stupidly in situations most blasters would faceplant.

I run a fire fire fire with almost no defenses and a manic desire to get into the center of groups and do massive pbaoe.  It is surprisingly effective and i die much less than i thought possible 

On 7/31/2024 at 12:34 PM, Snarky said:

I run a fire fire fire with almost no defenses and a manic desire to get into the center of groups and do massive pbaoe.  It is surprisingly effective and i die much less than i thought possible 

same here

• Like 1