The Calendar and Events feature on the website has been disabled ×

Open Club  ·  38 members

PC Builders

Wireless Mouse / Keyboard Options?

WanderingAries

My preferred Keyboard / Mouse combo for the longest of time are the Logitech K800 and Logitech Performance MX, but they're both discontinued and only getting more expensive over time. I've searched many times but can't seem to find decent replacement options that have the core features I'm wanting.

13.2-2.jpg     813saYxufBL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Things I like about the Keyboard:

• Wireless (albiet a custom dongle) / Rechargable / Battery Swap
  • Full 101 +10 key
  • Quiet keys (OMG I hate 'tap tap tap' style keys!)
  • Backlit / through the keys lighting / minimal around the keys light bleed
  • Built-in palm rest
  • Calculator button, Media Player Controls, Extensive Software-based key customization

Things I like about the Mouse:

• Wireless (albiet a custom dongle) / Rechargable / Battery Swap
  • Works on ANY surface, even glass!
  • Extensive Software-based key customization
  • Average / semi-light weight
  • Palm-grip style
  • Semi-Quiet buttons (OMG I hate 'CLICK' style buttons!)
  • Custom side buttons (I use them to scroll pages and toggle tabs / windows)

I've tried this keyboard, but it suffered from horrible light-bleed to the point that it could easily give me a migraine.

711ghPv1T1L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I've tried the MX Master 2s and HATED the wheel. I tried the MX Anywhere 3s and it was way too small. I have small / average sized hands and it was entirely inside my grip, so clicking buttons was challenging. I might try the MX Master 3s, but I fear it'll basically be like the other one.

21JHic1XHwL._AC_.jpg  51PZmLp6u+L._AC_SL1500_.jpg  814KQPDxL2L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

One thing that I'm wondering about my current mouse is whether it's actually Too heavy for my hand or the grip style is actually leading to pain as my 2 right most fingers sit off to the side, basically only gripping the mouse. I know that if I use it too long I get a pain along the related tendons. I have a standard sized / style Logitech M500 Corded Mouse for when I was doing W@H, but while it was somewhat comfortable, it's wired and won't work in my bedroom. IDK, I may just have to order a bunch of both from eBay, test, and store them without batteries. I use my own rechargeables anyway and the only reason I'm looking (besides the occasional pain) is that the charging port on my current KB has been loose for a while. I think I may have Solved that by glueing a magnetic connector to the port and using the related cable adaptor, but eventually the KB itself will give out at some point. The mouse is probably my 4th one in 2 decades because the main buttons eventually wear out in the down position.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired  <||> Generally Inactive

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)