The Calendar and Events feature on the website has been disabled ×

Rewards (XP/INF) Nerfed across the game.

I have noticed XP rates/influence has been decreased by 5.2% across the game, regardless of mob type, mission reward, etc. I suspect it may have had something to do with the anniversary event patch that altered the rates, but alas was never re-adjusted to their normal values.

Please note, I have conducted this comparison before the latest update, as well as after this latest update.

Below are current values.

PI radio mission

[03:58] You gain 8,094 experience and 5,664 influence.
[03:58] You have defeated Equinox Adjutant
[03:58] You gain 16,189 experience and 19,425 influence.
[03:58] You received Keen Insight.
[03:58] You have defeated Vortex Cor Leonis Archon
[03:58] You gain 48,567 experience and 60,708 influence.

Where as previous values were

[02:03] You gain 8,544 experience and 20,504 influence.
[02:03] You have defeated Angelbot v1.5
[02:03] You gain 4,272 experience and 5,979 influence.
[02:03] You have defeated Angelbot v1.5
[02:03] You gain 4,272 experience and 5,979 influence.
[02:03] You have defeated Angelbot v3.5
[02:03] You gain 25,632 experience and 64,081 influence.

The XP rates are different because the previous values I had saved were from an AE mission, but you can see the influence values to compare,

These numbers are at level 50+4 settings.

I have cross-checked these values with other players to ensure it wasn't just me.

I'm just wondering if this was a bug gone unnoticed, or a change that just didn't make the patch notes, or what?

-Skoot

For both of your tests, can you answer the following:

What server are you playing on?

Did you previously have any temporary XP rate powers active?

Did you have the Experienced temporary power active?

Did you have the Windfall temporary power active?

Did you recently defeat the Seed of Hamidon?

Did you have any teammates on the map?

Edited by Glacier Peak
  • Like 1

Experience and Infamy values from both defeated NPCs and mission completion bonuses at +3 and +4 difficulty settings outside of advanced mode were lowered by approximately three percent in Issue 27, Page 7, IIRC.  The change was intentional, but never documented in the patch notes for some reason.

• Developer
13 minutes ago, Lunar Ronin said:

The change was intentional, but never documented in the patch notes for some reason.

The reason that ended up going undocumented is because it was an unplanned side-effect from a different fix, that was addressing Level 54 enemies running up against an internal hard-cap on single mob drop rewards if a bonus was being applied on top (such as Advanced Mode), meaning players were not being rewarded the full amount of rewards for their efforts.

In order to fix that, the reward table's spectrum had to be very slightly pushed out to allow those modifiers to work at Level 54 so that the influence/experience numbers would reward the full amount without running up against the internal hard cap.

After that change went live, people later noticed there was a small discrepancy as a result of that value range extension.
On the other hand, players who run Advanced Mode content should notice their rewards looking as good as 40% better after that change went live.

It's not ideal that it slipped through, but it would be more accurate to categorize it as a bug, not intentional; It's just a bug that didn't warrant the original fix be retroactively pulled/reverted.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Love this game and its community? Want to give back? Volunteer as a Game Master! Help make Homecoming the best it can be!

Writer of the Patch Notes

Red side, best side!

3 hours ago, Cobalt Arachne said:

The reason that ended up going undocumented is because it was an unplanned side-effect from a different fix, that was addressing Level 54 enemies running up against an internal hard-cap on single mob drop rewards if a bonus was being applied on top (such as Advanced Mode), meaning players were not being rewarded the full amount of rewards for their efforts.

In order to fix that, the reward table's spectrum had to be very slightly pushed out to allow those modifiers to work at Level 54 so that the influence/experience numbers would reward the full amount without running up against the internal hard cap.

After that change went live, people later noticed there was a small discrepancy as a result of that value range extension.
On the other hand, players who run Advanced Mode content should notice their rewards looking as good as 40% better after that change went live.

It's not ideal that it slipped through, but it would be more accurate to categorize it as a bug, not intentional; It's just a bug that didn't warrant the original fix be retroactively pulled/reverted.

I figured it had to be something, but a 5.2% decrease on normal reward tables is kind of weird. Not sure if it's only at +4 content like you say, or if it's similar for content across all levels. I noticed even mission reward XP is affected.

4 hours ago, Cobalt Arachne said:

Bug great, so if/when is the fix?