The Calendar and Events feature on the website has been disabled ×

Labyrinth of Fog [Discussion]

Rather than do a forum guide yet, I figured I'd make a Labyrinth of Fog thread for people to talk about it.

I love it. Completed all badges & the aether costume in a single night. I hope to do a lot more runs personally.

• Like 1

unknown.png

alright buddy, it's time to shit yourself
casts earthquake, activates dispersion bubble

What I'm enjoying the most is that I can share with others the ways I've learned to get through the zone and what helps. It's definitely overwhelming when you join a full league and everyone is running around doing different things. As time goes on, it will get less chaotic and easier to navigate.

So far I'm seeing the following strategy:

League forms. Basic guidance about picking up Stealth from the empowerment station in the Midnighters Club and grabbing Draught of the Fog inspirations from the Auction House if empty. Enter to the zone lobby and standby.

League leader picks 7 Mote Runners to run to each Mote. Then League TPs to each Mote in order to secure the Mote of the Gladiator afterwards.

League leader also picks Malevolent Fog team to search for fogs.

Once everyone is up on Mote of the Gladiator, the raiding begins and continues until enough level shifts are acquired. 

Slay the Minotaur, pretty straight forward. Then keep taking in the inf and xp until raid disbands.

Edit: What I'm finding difficulty in is consistently getting to the Endless Colonade. Sometimes it happens first random door, other times I'll never get it. 

Edited by Glacier Peak

This is still a work in progress, but has the waypoints for a bunch of different stuff.

Underpopulated items are the Guardian & Fogs.

File goes into: Games/data/texts/English/menus

I use a macro "/macro lab popmenu LabHunt"

Most useful are probably the Mote locations, Plaques in the core, and the Maze waypoints though the colonnade. 

I should note, most of the time the waypoint for the Orange Mote wants you to go thru the Cow Door.  You'll need to wear a Holo Mino to get thru.  And easier if you have access to the Orange floors.

labhunt_2024080901.mnu

Edited by lemming
More updatess for 2024072702
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

We should probably note that with Motes, the collection:

1) Once you pick up a Mote's buff by siphoning (just standing near it), it lasts for however long you are in the Labyrinth (including Lobby)

2) If you leave, all Mote buffs go away and need to be re-aquired.

3) If you get all seven, and go to the Black Portal in the Core, they get replaced by a single buff that combines them.

4) Once you get the combined version, revisiting the Labyrinth, you only need to visit any Mote to get the combined buff again.

Okay, I must still be more n00bish than I thought, but what is a, "mote?"

Also do we have a lock on finding secret area(s) for the Exploration Badge?

Edited by DethMonger

26 minutes ago, DethMonger said:

Okay, I must still be more n00bish than I thought, but what is a, "mote?"

Also do we have a lock on finding secret area(s) for the Exploration Badge?

Mote is, well I think it's a biblical word. Something like a particle or small piece of something? 

Secret areas have been found. 

4 hours ago, DethMonger said:

But what is a mote in the context of The Game. I've searched, but all I find is a bunch of references to the seven motes in the Labyrinth, but no explanation of what a mote IS.

There are seven Motes to find.

• Red: Mote of Violence +DMG        Clockwork Warehouse
  • Yellow: Mote of Cowardice +ToHit  Resistance Hub Room
  • Blue: Mote of Despair +Recovery   Arachnos Huge Room
  • Green: Mote of Greed +Regen       DFB Sewers
  • Violet: Mote of Jealousy +Def     Icy Purple Dome
  • Orange: Mote of Fury +Resist      Council Cave +Res
  • White: Mote of Apathy +Recharge End of Endless Colonnade

Visit each one, clicking isn't needed, but you get some flavour text

Each gives a buff, once you collect all seven, you go to the Black Portal in the Core and turn them in.  That gives you a costume, and the seven get consolidated into an Eighth.   Once you have the consolidated one, anytime you come back to the Labyrinth, you just have to visit any mote to get the combo version. After that, you'll ge

Here are screenshots of all of them

mote_white.jpg

mote_orange.jpg

mote_green.jpg

mote_blue.jpg

mote_violet.jpg

mote_yellow.jpg

mote_red.jpg

Edited by lemming
  • Pizza (Pepperoni) 1

2 hours ago, Glacier Peak said:

Gladiator ⚔️

Good point, the seven combine into number 8.  Seven to track down, to then combine into the Eighth which has all the buffs of the seven.

Edited by lemming

This is just the start of a csv that I was working on.

It's basically just popping into a portal from the lobby and following the doors by going thru the same one. Though I found at least one interupted loop.  I think I need to rethink the method.  I also need to relook into ATC's start on some of these.

mappath.csv

57 minutes ago, Snarky said:

Well. I had an appointment tonight.  Did a game show “Paragon Squares” by Monty Haull tonight.  Was a hoot.  4 winners.  

I was there!   You gave me the wrong answer! ;D

You broke out of your crypt to get to the Game Show

Edited by lemming
  • Thumbs Up 1

Plaques when you get to the core are at:

[582.0 -115.0 2801.0] [465.0 -205.0 2715.0] [281.0 -101.0 2404.0]  [403.0 -246.0 2747.0] [543.0 7.0 2853.0] [228.6 -80.9 2664.5]

p1_plaque.jpg

p2_plaque.jpg

p3_plaque.jpg

p4_plaque.jpg

p5_plaque.jpg

p6_plaque.jpg

2 hours ago, lemming said:

I was there!   You gave me the wrong answer! ;D

You broke out of your crypt to get to the Game Show

Bat bug?  How was i supposed to know Bat Bug?   Bat Tracker was a better name lol.  😆 If I can’t remember but I think you caught the right one and disagreed?   

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Snarky said:

Bat bug?  How was i supposed to know Bat Bug?   Bat Tracker was a better name lol.  😆 If I can’t remember but I think you caught the right one and disagreed?   

Funny I went right to that question.

Here is the video of that question. Timestamped link.

Glad you all had fun! 

Well that didn't work.  The time stamp is around the 42 minute mark.

Edited by Monty Haull
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, TauntingMonk said:

I have questions?

Friendly Gladiators are sometimes found.    I'm not sure, but I think the warrior's leader, Odysseus has been sending them in.  If you keep them alive for 15 minutes, they'll give you a draught.   You can use MM controls with them too.

On 7/24/2024 at 9:43 AM, Ruin Mage said:

Rather than do a forum guide yet, I figured I'd make a Labyrinth of Fog thread for people to talk about it.

I love it. Completed all badges & the aether costume in a single night. I hope to do a lot more runs personally.

Did it 1 and a half times. 

Got the gladiator costume on one toon and most of the badges on another. It’s alright. It’s a multipurpose zone which I think is not terrible. I won’t be doing it again for quite awhile but that just means when I do come back to do it again it’ll probably be rote memorization for the leaders at that point so it’ll most likely be smoother.

EDIT: I lied. I got in a few more runs and the gladiator costume in two 50s and the accolade on 1. Now having seen everything in the zone badge wise I feel kind of done with the zone.

Edited by Seed22

Aspiring show writer through AE arcs and then eventually a script 😛

AE Arcs: Odd Stories-Arc ID: 57289| An anthology series focusing on some of your crazier stories that you'd save for either a drunken night at Pocket D or a mindwipe from your personal psychic.|The Pariahs: Magus Gray-Arc ID: 58682| Magus Gray enlists your help in getting to the bottom of who was behind the murder of the Winter Court.|

Still adding more locations to my labhunt menu.   Once I think of my redesign to make it a little more friendly and am about to add a lot of the normal doors.

I'll keep posting updates upthread to the download

Edited by lemming

Spent the weekend going thru doors by starting at a portal and just keep hitting the doors until I either looped, or entered one of the other loops.  While that's picked up 200 various doors, there are a few more to find.  Also added in a few more Fogs & Gladiators to the popmenu, but last menu until I finish my generator which should make things more consistent and easier to use.

Next iteration will have the menu and the file used to build it, probably in it's own thread.

And tidbit, there are two of these in the Blue Mystic Cave, they're random doors.

mysticcavecrystal.jpg