Help with a Demon/Marine character

JayboH

Just sounded fun.  I know demons are noisy but I am ignoring that for the moment.  Mine is at 28 so far.  How is this combo?  Anyone give it a shot?  Any of our build masters out there have some examples?

I've never been much into proc-loading the pets.  Secondaries are a different story.  Maybe I need to try procs in pets though (outside of the defensive procs I mean.)

image.png.440bd3ba66421192ca1fb954c5d313c2.pngspacer.pngFlint Eastwood

Don't forget, you can silence those rambunctious demons with a sound mod 🙂

I like Soulbound Allegiance and Overwhelming Force KB to KD in the lil' demons. 

Demon Prince can take a couple of slow damage procs, too. 

For Gargoyles, they have their auras and heal so I like to slot for those rather than proc them. 

Edited by Force Redux
  • Like 2

@Force Redux on Everlasting

----- (read my guide) -----

Gather the Shadows: A Dark Miasma Primer for Masterminds

I've got an old build in my Dark Miasma guide, but for the demons themselves? Let me log in and tell ya what I just respecced into. This includes Musculature Radial T3:

Demonlings:

2 Nucleolus Exposure (Acc/Dam)

Sovereign Right A/D/E +5

End Redux +5 

Soulbound Allegiance %buildup

Overwhelming Force damage/KD conversion

+121% damage

+90% accuracy

+75% end redux

Demons/Gargoyles

Sovereign Right A/D/E +5

Doctored Wounds heal/end

Doctored Wounds heal/end/redux (will swap this out later on for two H/E +5

Dam Resist +5

+117% damage

+90% accuracy

+74% end redux

+32% damage resist

+47% heal

Demon Price

Impeded Swiftness %smash

Ice Mistral's %cold

Superior Mark of Sup. A/D/E (attuned for set bonus recharge)

Superior Mark of Sup End/Resist/Regen unique (attuned...)

+117% damage

+90% accuracy

+50% end redux (so far he's doing well with this, it was either keep this or get rid of a proc and add End +5 if necessary, which it wasn't so far)

Hell on Earth

Call to Arms Acc/Rech

Plus the other 5 procs. Could move things around with the pets if you want less procs and or end reduction/heal/resist in the other pets to make this function better as a buff...)

I really hate having pets struggle for END on long fights and since I have no reliable way in Demon/Dark to manage the blue bar for pets, I make sure to up their END Redux. Particularly the T2 pets in most sets tend to blow through blue. Prince seems to mange well with his 50%.

Hope that helps!

Edited by Force Redux
  • Thumbs Up 1

@Force Redux on Everlasting

----- (read my guide) -----

Gather the Shadows: A Dark Miasma Primer for Masterminds

55 minutes ago, JayboH said:

Yeah I'd have to see how it goes since Marine grants both +recovery and +maxend as far as the prince stuff

I'm currently running a bots\marine MM (where the bots are notorious END eaters).  Toroidal Bubble goes a super long way to helping with END consumption on bots, so I'd image you're instinct is correct here.

• Thumbs Up 1

I’ve now got a Thugs/Marine and a Necro/Marine.  I hardly have any END issues at all with Thugs, whereas I do use up my blue bar almost fully on longer fights with my Necro.  The difference is that on the Necro I have all three attacks (for the spectres) and use the blasts a bunch.  And of course MM’s get an END penalty on blasting.  Don’t do that near as much on the Thugs since I only have Dual Wield.  

• 2 weeks later

I'm only up to 39 at the moment but I forgot how annoying it is to be a MM without Electric Affinity's kb protection.  Pets go flying all over the place all the time if you are going with resists over def.

image.png.440bd3ba66421192ca1fb954c5d313c2.pngspacer.pngFlint Eastwood

• 2 weeks later

Looking forward to playing this one, hope she does ok.

Right at 50% S/L personal Defense, which should help when leveling before Destiny>Barrier.  All pet uniques included.  Learned some pretty good slotting for the Marine powers that have served me well.  KB resistance of 12 points to keep on my feet while keeping everything else off of theirs.  I'm kinda addicted to Fold Space with Marine as it really helps to make the most of your Tide Pool by lumping and dropping all the critters right there for you to burn.  

Fun bio/backstory as well:

image.thumb.png.33d673247ae46c0ccb4949466ab2acfe.png

Angry Ariel Demon Marine MM.mbd

At 42, she'd doing fine, about the same as my Ninja/Marine did at similar level.  Can solo AV's, some take a little longer but thanks to all the exotic damage types produced by Demons most go down faster versus Thugs/ or Ninja/'s.  

Only issue I have is with Lash.  It's supposed to do KnockDOWN but given the KD already in play with Tide Pool, it's doing KnockBACK even on bosses.  Just have to slot it with a KD proc to deal with that until I get Fold Space into the build later.

On 9/4/2024 at 5:58 AM, Crysis said:

At 42, she'd doing fine, about the same as my Ninja/Marine did at similar level.  Can solo AV's, some take a little longer but thanks to all the exotic damage types produced by Demons most go down faster versus Thugs/ or Ninja/'s.  

Only issue I have is with Lash.  It's supposed to do KnockDOWN but given the KD already in play with Tide Pool, it's doing KnockBACK even on bosses.  Just have to slot it with a KD proc to deal with that until I get Fold Space into the build later.

Where are you at with this now? I'm 35 and running +2/x5 without problems so far. Marine really speeds up kill time on my pets man, wow.

24 minutes ago, HachiMan2015 said:

Where are you at with this now? I'm 35 and running +2/x5 without problems so far. Marine really speeds up kill time on my pets man, wow.

She hit 50 and is working incarnates now.  Thus far I'd place her kill speeds just about on Par with Ninjas and a little faster than Necro.  Mercs, as noted elsewhere, seem to have the fastest kill rates.

• Thumbs Up 1

20 hours ago, Crysis said:

She hit 50 and is working incarnates now.  Thus far I'd place her kill speeds just about on Par with Ninjas and a little faster than Necro.  Mercs, as noted elsewhere, seem to have the fastest kill rates.

Have you modified your build at all or is the build you posted earlier still up to date?