Movement - amongst players have there been changes?

Hi, I am unsure if my game-style has changed over years or if there is a change to movement amongst players when gaming.   What I mean by this is when i am on melee I can now be pushed out of the way by another melee character, which hadn't ever happened in the past. This has happened a few times on melee characters, one of the most recent fighting a GM on a tank.

When I am clicking a glowie I can have another character run into me that is on my team, and the download progression bar it gets interrupted this happened last night in a Citadel task force. That was something that hadn't ever happened before.

When I go to snipe something and run away if someone runs up behind me I can't run away if they are just standing behind me even jumping over them takes longer and more steps then it used to, I almost ended up deceased today because of this. This hadn't ever happened before.

So just curious have there been changes? if so could you consider change it back?

Buddy the Elf makes debut for HUB Late Night

Untitled.jpg

11 minutes ago, Zappalina said:

Hi, I am unsure if my game-style has changed over years or if there is a change to movement amongst players when gaming.   What I mean by this is when i am on melee I can now be pushed out of the way by another melee character, which hadn't ever happened in the past.

It could always be done, just under specific circumstances as best I can remember. For instance, there were players that would use this to knock other players off the tops of buildings or window ledges while waiting for Magisterium trials to start. I'm not sure what the trigger is, because normally players block other players, but it has been a thing even as far back as Live.

2 hours ago, Zappalina said:

So just curious have there been changes? if so could you consider change it back?

When I see this happen, it is because of another players internet connection is going in and out.

It mostly happen to me when a teammate zones around the same time. The game doesn't know where to put them, so it pushes me and, apparently, tells the game to place them where I wasn't (until they pushed me to ... because it happens repeatedly) until they actually finish completely zoning back into the game. 

usually when I'm in combat, I'm not that close to other players, so I haven't actually noticed it happen while in combat.

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.