Back to school

Hami Raid starts an hour later because of the back to school traffic.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Totally Cali, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, High Beam Prime (someone else has her non OG name)

2 hours ago, Scarlet Shocker said:

Amish vs the Special Boat Squadron

Cover thy six Hezikiah!

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Moose 1

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Totally Cali, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, High Beam Prime (someone else has her non OG name)

Ahhh, that brief moment in time where fringe jackets looked good on me.

Oh and @Scarlet Shocker, phrasing 🙂

• Like 1
  • Banjo 1

On 9/3/2024 at 3:43 PM, TheMoneyMaker said:

It's September again, and I'm genuinely surprised that there's never been any kind of push to use the universities as a source of additional content for this time of year --like some kind of back to school event.

Don't universities usually start, at least in the US, in August, though?  AFAIK, it's generally grade-schools that start back up in September...

I do actually like the concept of the theme. It's not so much school but the summer is considered "over" - annual holidays/vacations are done and the kids go back to school.

It would make sense that the villain groups would begin an offensive around now just because they're too stupid to do it while everyone's on vacation 🤣

It does feel like a new beginning around this time of year so an event would be of value

There's a fine line between a numerator and a denominator but only a fraction of people understand that.

A simple mini-arc could center around Council or 5th Column staging recruitment drives around the Universities, (this initial group wouldn't be targetable, using the excuse that technically they're just petitioning/holding a rally), and heroes trying to find evidence of actual direct wrongdoing, so they can actually take them down.  As a bonus, allow vigilantes to just attack them outright, but then having to face repercussions from it technically being an extra-legal attack - maybe that vigilante has to face some ambushes or perhaps even avoid some hostile PPD.  A rogue could instead try to tempt the college kids with something "better" or "more fun" than would be had by falling in with some fascists.  Conversely, the villain version could have Arachnos doing the petitioning/holding the rally, and our characters simply choosing to aid them in recruiting or dissuading students, (again with relevant repercussions).

Edited by biostem
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, biostem said:

A simple mini-arc could center around Council or 5th Column staging recruitment drives around the Universities, (this initial group wouldn't be targetable, using the excuse that technically they're just petitioning/holding a rally), and heroes trying to find evidence of actual direct wrongdoing, so they can actually take them down.  As a bonus, allow vigilantes to just attack them outright, but then having to face repercussions from it technically being an extra-legal attack - maybe that vigilante has to face some ambushes or perhaps even avoid some hostile PPD.  A rogue could instead try to tempt the college kids with something "better" or "more fun" than would be had by falling in with some fascists.  Conversely, the villain version could have Arachnos doing the petitioning/holding the rally, and our characters simply choosing to aid them in recruiting or dissuading students, (again with relevant repercussions).

I do like the idea of Council/5th Column recruiting at universities! I remember all the crazy preachers and political whackos they let get on a soapbox at Kent State and this is a perfect fit. Protestors often have extremists or false-flag plants, so you could have some rival of theirs manipulating things into a fight (possibly Warriors or Family due to their competition in Striga?). You could use the video camera drones from the TPN trial in conjunction with their speeches to show a crowd approval meter based on who the heroes/villains side with. I still like the idea of the Luddites showing up to crash things though, they're so under-used and really hate tech so the university has to be like a giant beacon to them they can't resist.  I don't think Family, Warriors, or Luddites have an AV so this would be a chance to shine 😎

• Thumbs Up 1