Out to EAT : A look at Epic ATs - what is, could have been, and never was

Greycat

Hmm. Thanks. I remembered the Primalist, but I wasn't sure that they'd be an Epic or if they were being looked at as a normal (or, from the last little section, possibly a "premium" or paid) AT. I'm not sure what they'd be tied into with lore. I'd love to find out just what they were planned as - "normal" (which, with that complexity, I doubt,) Epic (with what storyline? Inquiring minds want to know!) or Premium (got to get that money after all that work!)

For now, I'm going to edit and stick them in under "premium" unless/until there's more info.

When I read the term "hyper-advanced Clockwork," it read to me more like a description than "this is the name we're settled on." Can tweak that, certainly.

Thanks for the info!

And @Glacier Peak, given other things were mentioned as put off due to Goldside fatigue, I wouldn't be surprised if that were the case.

• Like 1

Still not particularly fond of certain segments of this community.

Kind of interesting to see what might have been, but never came to pass.  I don't play the EPIC ATs, myself.  Just too many moving parts for me.  I didn't realize the EPIC tag referred to things like literary epics, though.  Now I'm less annoyed by the powers in the EPIC pools not being as good as I might expect (given that I'm interpreting them through the lens of the "other" definition of epic).

10 hours ago, Triumphant said:

Kind of interesting to see what might have been, but never came to pass.  I don't play the EPIC ATs, myself.  Just too many moving parts for me.  I didn't realize the EPIC tag referred to things like literary epics, though.  Now I'm less annoyed by the powers in the EPIC pools not being as good as I might expect (given that I'm interpreting them through the lens of the "other" definition of epic).

*nod* It's ... had to be mentioned many times. It's also why I try to refer to the power pools that unlock at (now) 35 as "ancillary" and not "epic," because they use ... as I recall, kind of the D&D definition of "epic ability/level" there!

Still not particularly fond of certain segments of this community.