/Time, what to take, what to skip?

Rebel230

Well Time is a newer set so basically every power in it is at least decent. The powers you're least likely to miss are Temporal Selection and Time Stop (plus Time Crawl but only Defenders can skip that), both are worth taking but they're also ones you can potentially skip if you need room. I know some people like to skip either Time's Juncture or Distortion Field but personally I prefer to take both and stack them (you should definitely take at least one of those but you cna skip the other if you want).

Defender Smash!

time stop is not skippable as it has the other half of your -regen

It's a 50% regen debuff, which gets resisted to 7.5% by AVs. While Time does have -regen it only has 150% (100% in Time Crawl, 50% in Time Stop) which is not enough to actually stop an AV's regeneration. The sets that actually tank AV regeneration have either -500% or -1000% regen so that you're stoppoing or mostly stopping AV regen after resistances. Compared to them Time's -regen is in the "at least you tried" category.

I'm not saying Time Stop is a bad power, it's a mag 4 hold with Time Crawl, but it's not really worth taking for the -regen.

Defender Smash!

Honestly?  I'm of the opinion that none of the Time Manipulation powers are skippable in the sense that they do things you don't need or want to do, as a Mastermind.

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

On my Necromancer/Time, I skipped Time Stop. I could have skipped Temporal Selection as well, but I have nothing better to replace it with so I kept it. I can't imagine skipping either Time's Juncture or Distortion Field. I do notice right away when Time's Juncture not up, that my poor undead start taking a significant amount of damage (since it gets turned off when I'm stunned/slept/held).

Time Crawl*, Time Stop and Temporal Selection are the only ones you can skip. The rest are all crucial, unskippable.

None of Time's powers are bad, poor, or even mediocre. They're all good. Those are just the ones you can live without if you have to.

*The game will only let you skip Time Crawl if you're a Defender, otherwise you're stuck with it.