Search: Maps

Ukase

Short version: Allow the Echo: Dark Astoria (and the other Echo: maps) to be searched for other players. 
The longer version below: 

Spoiler

So, over the past month or so, I've been playing differently. No reason to go into the why, or in what way, but suffice it to say I've got a number of alts parked in Echo:DA to take advantage of the easy merits Adamastor has to offer. 

Sometimes, I'll log in to see he's ready to be summoned and no other players are near the platform. So, I'll do a recruiting call. For reasons of their own, a number of players may not want to team. And that's fine. But sometimes, I want to do a search to see if there are folks in the zone. 

But there's no way to do this that I know of; I can click on Find Members, and look under maps, but the only Echo available is Echo: plaza. 

It's certainly nothing mission critical, but it's a co-op zone and there are times when it's useful to see who else is in zone before summoning, so I can check in with those folks to see if they're wanting to participate. It can be difficult sometimes, traveling and typing. 

I don't have to use /whoall in PI or Ouro or other zones. I think it would be nice to not have to type out a /command. Remember, there's a lot of players who don't know the command and don't visit the forums. 

Every zone should be searchable - and not just villains and rogues looking in red side zones. If I'm vigilante, I should be able to search The Abyss as well as The Hive. And Rogues should be able to also. 

This whole alignment deal is really old. We should make every zone co-op. 

34 minutes ago, Ukase said:

I don't have to use /whoall in PI or Ouro or other zones. I think it would be nice to not have to type out a /command. Remember, there's a lot of players who don't know the command and don't visit the forums. 

Every zone should be searchable - and not just villains and rogues looking in red side zones. If I'm vigilante, I should be able to search The Abyss as well as The Hive. And Rogues should be able to also. 

This whole alignment deal is really old. We should make every zone co-op. 

Okay, to start, I don't understand what alignments have to do with zones being searchable. So if it factors in somehow, I would appreciate some enlightenment. My guess as to why the echoes aren't searchable is because they are considered removed from the game, so while players can still go there and gain xp, it isn't meant to be handled like other zones that are still considered active in the game. Bear in mind that I am not arguing against the OP as I don't care either way, but that is my best guess as to why the search function does not work there.

However, your last paragraph of this post I have issues with. Why would heroes go to the Rogue Isles and kidnap people for ransom, rob banks, shake down people, destroy property, threaten innocents for compliance, inflict injury on innocents intentionally, gather sacrifices, suppress attempts at liberty or education, or any other of the types of missions to be found red side? Why would villains go to Paragon City and rescue innocents for no gain, recover stolen/lost items and return them to their owners, aid in researching cures for diseases for no personal gain, rescue police officers in distress, or any other of the types of missions to be found blue side? Morally grey characters can already go between the sides and team up, but making every zone in CoX co-op makes no sense. It goes against the very idea of the game. Yes, this argument is a complete derailment of the OP's thread, but you, the author, made this derailment. So I think it is fair to have it responded to.